Wedding Planning

TWENTY SEVEN

James watched Peggy spin around, gawking at herself in the mirror and the beauty of her dress. He smiled.

"I love it," she said, turning to face James at last. "What do you think?"

"You look beautiful," he said, taking another look at the dress Peggy wore so beautifully. She grinned, nodding. "Oh, I'm so excited!" James stood, allowing Peggy to pull him into her embrace, she squealed.

"You should be," he said contently, so happy for her.

"I can't believe I'm actually getting married." Peggy turned away and back to the mirror, twirling a little. "I never thought I would."

"But you are."

The wedding was close now, only two weeks away. Invitations had been sent and arrangements had been made. Peggy and Maria were now making their own arrangements and last minuet plans.

One more twirl before Peggy changed back into her own clothes and the two left with the dress. They went to Peggy's, knowing Maria would be out a few more hours still. They'd organized everything important but Maria was still running about with concerns, claiming the day needed to be perfect. Not for her, but for Peggy.

Charles was invited over shortly after they'd arrived. The three spent the afternoon on Peggy's computer, searching for someone close to do her make up for the day (those are things I just forgot what they're called) until Charles volunteered.

"You?" Peggy and James were both quite confused.

"You can't do make up," Peggy said in disbelief.

"Yes I can." Charles stood in protest, him being good with make up is one of Deanie's favourite headcanons about him. (Deanie is me I am Deanie)

"Alright, prove it." Peggy dared, leaving the room momentarily and returning with her make up. Charles accepted this challenge and did Peggy's make up beautifully. Both Peggy and James were surprised.

"Where did you learn that?" James asked, baffled by Charles' unexpected talent. He smirked,

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

At that moment the door opened, in came Maria and Thomas. Peggy jumped up and ran to her fiancé.

"Baby, Charlie did my make up." She told Maria, "Do you like it?"

"You look beautiful," Maria said, wanting to kiss Peggy but refraining as to not ruin her make up.

James looked to Thomas quickly then down to his shoes, Charles nudged him gently. 

"Ask him." He whispered before standing up and joining the girls's conversation about him having done Peggy's make up. Thankfully, Thomas looked just as awkward as James felt so he too stood and strolled up to Thomas.

"I'm going to head home, do you want a lift?" James offered, knowing he'd gone with Maria in her car. Thomas happily accepted the offer and the two said their good byes before heading out. Charles winked at James, which he tried to ignore.

"Hey, James?" Thomas started just as James was about to speak.

"Yeah?"

"Uh...... Nevermind." Thomas shook his head. "Actually, I think I'll just take the bus to save you the trouble."

"No, no. It's fine." James feared he sounded somewhat desperate.

Thomas scratched the back oh his head nervously. Right now they were close to the bus stop and one was pulling up. He looked to it then back to James, "James, thanks for the offer. But I think I will just take the bus."

"Okay."

"Bye, James."

James waved as Thomas walked away. "Bye."

~

WHOOPDEEDOO this is short but I JUST HAVE TO SAY I HATE SCHOOL. I HAVE SO MANY ASSIGNMENTS AND EXAMS KILL ME.

Anyway I just wanted to post something so you all didn't die waiting. So yeah, sorry for the wait but those of you in school can probably relate. Luckily I have term holidays starting next Friday so I can write then!

And the next chapter will be the wedding, I have it planned out, and the Jeffmads stuff really gets into play SO just hang in there! And if you like this bs fanfic I have another called I Dreamed A Dream so please check that out, you will be disappointed.