I don't even know what chapter this is lol

Both James and Thomas had very sore backs when they woke up around noon the following day. Sunlight shined in through the windows, scattered shadows danced across them as the wind blew the canopy about gently. A bird perched on the sill and sang a melody until they were both up and Thomas scared it off accidentally. Nice fucking going,  Thomas.

"Thank fuck," James mumbled, rubbing his tried eyes.

"What?" Thomas stretched and ran his fingers through his bouncy curls.

"I don't work today."

Yawning, Thomas nodded. "Me either." He sat up and rested his head on James's shoulder, not noticing the red spreading across his cheeks. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and sighed. "Maria thinks I've died, look at this."

Thomas handed his phone to James, the screen was illuminated with messages from Maria. The majority of them were in all caps, saying stuff like "WHERE ARE YOU?", "DID YOU DIE?" and "ANSWER ME TJEFFS!"

James chuckled, shaking his head and handing back the phone. Thomas scrolled through them for a bit before sliding his phone back into his pocket. "She's a bit of a drama queen."

"I don't know how Peggy puts up with her," James agreed, chuckling a little and carding his fingers through his short hair. "Fuck, my back hurts."

"Maybe we should have gone home." Thomas straightened up a bit. Well, at least his body.

"Yeah, ya know." James shook his head. "Just maybe."

Thomas shoved him playfully, "Shut up."

Silence followed for a while, "Let's go swimming."

James turned to look at Thomas, questioning his suggestion with his expression. "What?"

Standing up, Thomas tried not to hit his head as he headed for the hatch to leave the tree house. "Swimming. "Let's go swimming, in the creek."

"Now?" James stood up and was thankful at how little he had to duck compared to Thomas.

Thomas had already begun to descend the ladder. "Yeah, c'mon."

James followed Thomas down the ladder after a moment of hesitation and when he reached the ground, Thomas was removing his shirt. James went red and looked to the ground.

"You're serious? In what?"

Thomas shrugged, throwing his shirt onto the ground next to his shoes. "Jocks?"

James turned away, "Uh, no thank you." 

Thomas smirked, walking over to James, "You shy?" He wrapped his arms around him and tickled his sides. James squealed and hastily moved away.

"I don't want to go swimming with you." James folded his arms over his chest and heard Thomas move away. He took a moment to calm himself and when he turned back around, Thomas was jumping into the creek. He turned away to avoid getting water splashed on him.

"C'mon, Jemmmmmy!" Thomas purposefully splashed water onto James. He looked to where Thomas's clothes were, his shirt and jeans piled on top of each other and he felt his cheeks heat up. He looked away again and tried not to think about what Thomas looked like under the water.

"No." He searched for another excuse. "I don't have a towel or anything."

Thomas rolled his eyes heavily. "By the time reach the car again we will be dry."

James sighed and shook his head again. He was very prone to giving into peer pressure. "Well... Turn around."

"What?"