Now Charles is sick bc im bored

Nineteen

Charles hadn't gotten any better throughout the day and everyone was beginning to worry.

"Here's what Dr Google says you could have;" Maria started, sitting on the ground in front of the couch where Charles laid.
"Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?"

Charles shook his head, face buried in a throw cushion. Maria continued reading.

"Food poisoning?" Another head shake.  "Acute Stress Reaction?"

"That's him everyday," Peggy called from another room.

"Aspirin poisoning?"
James, who was leaning over the back of the couch, looked to Charles.

"I felt bad before that, " Charles told him.  James sighed disappointedly and Maria continued.

"Narcotic abuse?"
Silence followed. When Charles looked up he saw the three (Tommy is there) giving him expectant looks.

"No!"

Peggy entered the room now,  snatching the phone from her girlfriend's hands.

"I think we should ask a real doctor. "

"Yes, let's. " Charles  agreed,  growing sick of all the suggestions Maria finds on the internet.

The four of them all got into Peggy's car and they started the trip.
Maria leant over to the back seat to engage in conversation with James and Thomas while Charles slept.

"What if he has alcohol poisoning?" Maria gasped, hand over her mouth.

"I don't think so," Peggy said, her eyes never straying from the road.

"He could," argued Maria.

"Charles drank less then all of us and no where near as much as you so why aren't we sick?" Thomas voiced his thoughts now, earning a defeated shrug from Maria and a nod from Peggy that he couldn't see.

When relatively close to the hospital, they woke Charles and spent the rest of the ride throwing around ideas as to why he was so sick. Thomas made a bet that he'd built up some kind of tolerance. They reached the hospital and startled the receptionist when five people showed up just to see a doctor for one.

James and Thomas sat a little away from Peggy and Maria as they all waited whilst Charles saw a doctor. James nervously avoided talking until Thomas began a conversation. "What if he does have alcohol poisoning?"

Shrugging, James sighed. "I doubt it. Like Peggy said, we all drank more then him. We'd be sick."

"I suppose." Thomas nodded. "Do you remember what happened last night?"
James tensed up. Yes. All of it.

"Y-yeah, some of it." James frowned at how he stumbled over his own words. Why was he so nervous about it? It was a meaningless question, he tried to convince himself of that but just couldn't.

"I remember we started playing truth or dare, " Thomas started. James suddenly felt a little nauseous with worry. "But I don't really remember playing. "

Oh thank God, James let out a heavy sigh of relief. "You don't?"

Shaking his head, Thomas seemed deep in thought. "No."

James shrugged. "Well, I don't remember too much of it."
James remembers literally all of it.

"I think that might be for the best, considering the kinds of thing Maria finds enjoyable." Thomas looked over to the girls.
James nodded in agreement. Maria had a very adult sense of humour.

A short while later Charles was making his way to his friends again with the doctor following slowly behind. First he came to James and Thomas and with out speaking, pulled out a crumpled $20 nots from his pocket and handed it to Thomas.
This meant Thomas won the bet.

"Histamine intolerance." Charles told him in defeat, refusing to look at him. Thomas laughed proudly, Charles turned away.

The five of them waited together while the doctor explained to them all what histamine intolerance. Basically if a certain person drinks an alcohol or eats food high in histamine, your amine level rises and you get sick, for all you little dumplings wondering! Charles was given Cetirizine Hydrochloride tablets and they were good to go. While they were all heading back out to Peggy's car, James lingered behind with Charles.

"Thomas told me he doesn't remember playing truth or dare," James said.

"That's good?"

James sighed, "Yeah, I guess..."

Charles stopped so James did also, "He doesn't remember what he said so there's nothing to worry about."

"Okay, I guess."