twenty-two; yoongi

as the boy became a man,
in came a calm sophistication I can hardly understand.
so lost in ego,
didn’t notice when the time had slipped away.
~

"why were you born?" his mother asked him.
"I don't know, mother," was his reply.
"I wish you would have just died in my womb, so I could just piss you out like the worthless piece of shit you really are," she sneered, pushing the young boy's head down using his hair.

"I'm sorry, mother," yoongi held his head down in shame.
"sorry does not cut it min yoongi. you are a worthless good-for-nothing excuse of a human being," she was getting worse by the day.

"I know, mother. I'm sorry, mother," yoongi tried to calm his mother down using his words obediently, yet still failed.

he had to hide the cuts on his face and the bruises around his neck at school the next day.

♡♡♡

yoongi was fifteen years old the last time he ever saw his parents.

"help me, someone please," he had pleaded so desperately, his parents literally throwing him out the window of his room.
not his room anymore.
"hello?" someone called from down the road a little while.
"help me! please," yoongi tried shouting, raising his voice as much as he could, hoping to attract enough attention.

"what happened?" the man found the whimpering, heavily bleeding, boy lying on the floor with glass shards all around and in him.
"my m-mu..," yoongi stuttered, falling unconscious before finishing the sentence.

♡♡♡

yoongi woke up in a hospital bed, an unknown man beside him.
"wh-who are you?" he was scared, as the stranger was just sat by his bed.
"my name is kim jaeksuyo, I brought you here from the street you were in," the man introduced himself, although did distance himself slightly from yoongi to ensure he was comfortable.
"why? she wanted me to-" yoongi was cut off by the seemingly polite stranger.

"I guessed that it was you jumping out at first, but the broken glass - which by the way almost cut into your vital organs - proved that someone pushed you. did your mum push you from your bedroom window?" jaeksuyo was good at assuming things correctly - he didn't make an assumption unless there was enough pointing towards it.
"..." yoongi just looked down, ashamed.
"you can trust me, I'm only here to help you,"

"how old are you? you look-" yoongi pondered upon the age of the man - or boy - who saved him.
"I look old for fifteen, huh," jawkauyo smiled cheerfully at the confused boy.
"I'm fifteen too," yoongi smiled as much as he could with cuts on his face.

♡♡♡

"jaeksuyo you don't-"
"I want to, yoongi. I know you don't have anywhere to stay and I have room, something happened to the person I used to live with. he gave me his apartment to keep without paying, so there's an extra room," jaeksuyo smiled at yoongi after cutting him off from denying the offer of a place to stay.

"oh, if you don't want me to stay in the-"
"you'll be staying in my old room, I moved into his room after he left," jaeksuyo pulled yoongi along by the hand, gently to ensure he didn't hurt the fragile boy's wrist.

"thankyou, jae," yoongi meant it wholly.

jaeksuyo had been there every day for the past two weeks, he was there through the finding out of his parents' arrests and deaths.
he was there when yoongi got told he would never be able to run, dance or walk normally again.

"it's not a problem," and jaeksuyo meant that too.

♡♡♡

"are you sure you'll be okay without me?" jaeksuyo was incredibly worried for the boy, despite them being the same age.
"yes, of course I'm sure jae. I have your number in case I need you and I'm not moving that far away anyways," yoongi smiled, proving that he did indeed have the other's number in his phone, under emergency contacts as well.

"okay, you'll try to forget about me, right?" jaeksuyo knew he had to do this, for yoongi's sake.
"why would I?" yoongi didn't want to forget jaeksuyo, ever.
"I bring back other memories you wouldn't like to remem-" yoongi cut jaeksuyo, not wanting to hear the only friend he's ever had break down overcsomethung he knew he had to do.
"good point jae, I'll miss remembering all you did for me," yoongi spoke shakily, a single tear falling from his face.

"I'm not that significant," was heard by both boys as the door was closed, removing all ties on their knowledge of each other.

♡♡♡

"help me,"

"...yoongi?" was the boys first reaction. how does he still remember?

"jaeksuyo, they're here," yoongi couldn't forget, even if it was a year onwards already.
"who are?" jaeksuyo knew he wouldn't have been talking about his parents: they were dead.

"my parents friends," yoongi whispered, afraid they may hear him and break in.

"do not open the door until I'm there, okay? I know the pass to get in so I'll text you when I'm here and walk in," jaeksuyo got up, making his way to yoongi's house with a baseball bat.

"thankyou, please hurry,"

♡♡♡

as he went to go pick the kitten up, he heard a small whimper coming from the poor creature.

yoongi had been dreaming the same day over and over again, and he changed the dream every time, doing something different, sitting in a different place, hoping, trying to change the real outcome.

I'm sorry, kitten.
I love you my park jimin.

and I will get you back, no matter what.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I wrote this at like 5am bc I had a nightmare bye

~ tei out 🌸