6. Bottle

Against her better judgement, Ester came back the following evening. She found herself stretching before the lesson and had time to reconsider her decision.

Even though not coming back was never a thought that crossed her mind, she did have a few doubts about tonight. The car ride with Devon was too crazy to not think about it. She just hoped he wouldn't be here tonight and even if, he had to leave her alone.

He didn't seem like the type of person that talked, unless he was spoken to. Last night before the ride, showed her so. But what if she got the wrong impression of him? She shook her head. She'd find out soon enough, seeing as the door opened and a grinning Sierra walked in.

This time, Ester clapped as well when Sierra stopped in the middle of the ballroom. She showed her students the steps to the cha-cha and Ester followed her every move. Maybe it was because she was too focussed on her feet, but she never heard the door open as Devon calmly walked in.

"Nice! Now let's do it with some music." Sierra said and left her spot temporarily, walking off to turn the music on. It was only now that Ester looked up from her shoes and looked at the mirror for a second. She jumped when she saw Devon stand next to her, his body looking as if it were able to swallow hers.

She narrowed her eyes at him through the mirror and turned her head to the other side. What in the world was he even doing here? Next to her as if nothing happened last night. As if they were acquainted. She huffed in annoyance.

"Oh hello, brother. I didn't expect you this early." Ester heard Sierra's bemused voice and looked back at the instructor, only now realizing the music was already on. All eyes were on Devon and Ester took a step away from him, not looking for any attention.

"Would you two come over here and be my dolls for a second, please?" Sierra asked, looking at Ester and Devon. Ester's eyes widened when Devon nodded and walked over to his sister. Since when was he so obedient?

"You too, Ester." Sierra smiled at her but Ester could only muster a forced smile as she stepped forward and stood next to Devon. Oh no, she thought when Sierra stepped away from them.

"Now. Start with the basics. And everybody else, quiet please." She instructed as she intertwined her hands behind her back. Devon cleared his throat and Ester's gaze snapped towards him. She took his outstretched hand and with it, a deep breath.

Ester wondered if he even knew the basics since he wasn't there when they went over it. But her question soon got answered when Devon pulled her closer and started moving. Ester was surprised but didn't let that faze her as she moved with him.

"Nice." Sierra complimented as she clapped once.
"Ester chin up, look at him." She instruced and Ester followed as she met those green orbs. She gulped at his intense stare and forced her mind to just think about something else.

"Devon, do I even have to remind you?" Sierra teased and Ester heard Devon's low growl as he let go of her arm and they did a crossover break, just how Sierra taught Ester merely an hour ago. They came back together and then did a crossover break to the other side.

Ester, along with a lot of others was surprised to discover the fact that Devon could actually dance.

"And under his arm, Ester. Don't forget." She heard Sierra say and felt Devon lift their arms higher as he made room for her to have a little spin under his arm. She came back two seconds later and they finished off with a set of back and forth steps before he swirled her around, much to Ester's surprise.

By now he took total control and so she was even more shocked when he leaned her body back and bent his knee as the final pose. Sierra was ecstatic to see her brother dance like that again as she clapped and the crowd mirrored her actions.