40. Blind

"Morning." Ester heard and looked up from the coffee table, where her and Devon's coffee was placed the next day.

"Morning, I thought you were going to be at Ivana's the whole weekend." Ester told her roommate, who looked as if she didn't get one minute of sleep.
"I was, but she got sick last night. I came home a few hours ago. Is that for me?" Olivia smiled, thinking the other cup of coffee was actually for her.

"Oh, it's actually-" Ester's sentence got cut off by a loud gasp from Olivia. She was looking at the door in shock before looking back at Ester, who was blushing at the sight.

There he stood. Proud and pretty shirtless. Devon looked surprised upon seeing Ester's roommate again. He thought they were going to be alone. So he just smiled, covered his nipples by crossing his arms over his chest and took a few steps forward into the living room.

"Good morning." He said, greeting both girls. Olivia blinked twice before looking at Ester. She widened her eyes at her blushing friend, before turning back to Devon with a clear of her throat.
"Morning. I- uh, need the bathroom." Olivia said before walking past Devon.

When she was sure his back was fully turned to her, Olivia looked back and gave Ester a look of disbelief mixed with excitement. Ester caught it but did not react to it as Devon was already walking towards her. He had flushed cheeks but a cute grin on his lips.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Ester couldn't help her little smile upon seeing his.
"Is it a crime to smile in the morning? Anyways." Devon started as he finally sat down and took a sip of his coffee. The coffee both of them prepared after waking up in each other's arms.

"What do you say about lunch at Darmetir's? I was thinking about mom's at first, but knew you girls been going there almost every day." He finished, looking at the beautiful woman next to him. He was a really lucky guy, Devon noted as he admired her dishevelled hair and naturally beautiful face.

"I'd like that." She answered with a smile and red cheeks. God, Devon loved that blush of hers. One day, he'll see how far it goes.
.
.
.

"In position." Sierra said strictly. Then she turned the music on and the pair started dancing. Sierra watched them with narrowed eyes, sensing a change of attitude between them.

Ester, for some odd reason, was having a hard time not to smile. Devon also looked down at her with a certain spark in his eyes. The two had it bad, both of them were still unaware if that though.

"Now the dip." Sierra instructed and watched Devon do as she said. And that was how Sierra was sure of their new connection with each other. Because Ester would never look at Devon during the dip. Now it seemed like she couldn't get her eyes off him.

And Ester really couldn't. Ever since her and Devon were more than just friends, if they even were friends before, his eyes just seemed so much more mesmerizing. And now that she could look at them as often as she wanted without looking like a freak, she would sure as heck do it.

As they finished their dance and Sierra went to put the music on hold, Ester was caught off guard when Devon wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek. She immediately started blushing, which exhilarated Devon even further.

"Stop, your sister is right there." Ester whispered near his ear when his mouth travelled towards her jaw. Devon gave her one last kiss before fully detaching himself from her. As if on cue, Sierra came back.

"Very well done, guys. You're as good as ready for the wedding. Mom is going to love it. We're still going to keep the practice up, since it won't harm anybody." Sierra smiled at the pair. Both of them just wordlessly nodded and Ester went to pick up her purse from somewhere in the corner of the room.

Devon's eyes followed her, an action very well noticed by his little sister. She fought a smile as she bit her cheek and shook her head. He had it bad, she knew.

"Well, I'd invite you for a meal at mom's, but I'm tired. I had to wake up at three a.m. Anyways, Ester do you want me to drive you home?" That was a test. Ester opened her mouth to answer but Devon beat her to it.

"It's fine, I can drive her. Make sure to go to bed immediately, Sierra. You do look pale." Sierra refrained from gasping in distress. That was merely a lie! She felt perfectly fine and she wasn't pale at all.

But his sister only nodded at him and said goodbye to Ester and Devon before walking out of the ballroom, cautiously glancing at herself in the mirror on her way out. Once he saw the door close, Devon turned towards Ester with a cheeky smirk.

"What?" She asked, not being able to help her own smile. Devon walked closer to her and before she knew it, her lips were covered with his as his fingers dug into her hips. She was still a rookie at kissing but Devon never seemed to mind. He even appeared to enjoy it.

"Let's get out of here." He mumbled against her lips before letting her breathe. Then he took her hand in his and the two walked out. It was a good thing the streets and the studio were empty, so they did not have to drop their hands once they got out.

Or so they thought.

A/N: #Darmetirseverywhere lol.

Xoxo.