38. Okay

Ester decided to go to sleep early that night. After all, she did not get much rest last night when Devon and her kept kissing.

She touched her mouth, the soreness long gone. But Ester could swear she still felt her lips tingle whenever she thought about last night. Ugh, he was such a great kisser.

Ester groaned loudly before throwing herself onto her bed, face first. Olivia was out, studying with a college friend for another upcoming test. So technically, Ester could yell and scream in frustration as much as she wanted. But did that help her situation? Nope.

She just wished he didn't walk away. But then again, he was angry and it was probably better he calmed down before they talked. But also, she missed him. His touches, his scent, the way he made her feel. God, she had it really bad!

Right after Ester scolded at herself for acting like a little girl with a crush, loud pounding against the front door made her jump as she shot up from the bed. Oh God. Who would knock at her door at ten o'clock at night?

Her heart was racing as she quickly ran into Olivia's room and got her old baseball bat before nearing the front door. It was quiet now and she walked on her tiptoes in order to look through the peephole. Her eyes widened at the sight.

"Ester? Please, let me in. I just need to talk to you." Devon shouted and Ester quickly opened the door, the bat still in her left hand. Devon was about to knock again when he realized the door opened and she stood right in front of him.

"Why do you have a baseball bat?" Was the first thing he asked before his eyes drank her in. There she was. In nothing but a huge shirt covering most of her skin. It reached her knees and she looked so damn cute.

"What are you doing here, Devon? I thought you were upset with me. Besides, do you know what time it is? What made you think shouting and pounding-" Her sentence was interrupted as his lips crashed against hers. Ester stood frozen before slowly easing into the kiss.

But it was over as soon as it started and Devon pulled away.
"I have three things to discuss." He said before turning around to close the front door. Ester placed the baseball bat aside and placed her hands on her hips, waiting for him to turn around. He continued talking once he did.

"First. Whose shirt is that?" His eyes narrowed at her as he stepped closer. Ester gulped before shrugging.
"It used to be Olivia's, but before it was her boyfriend's. I saved it from being burned one day after he ignored her for a week. I love big clothes." She quickly added the last part, thinking it would help.

"What are you doing?" Ester's eyes widened when she saw him take off his own shirt.
"We're gonna trade. My shirt for yours." He said calmly, but had a scowl on his face as he glanced at the shirt she was wearing again. Ester blinked, trying hard not to look lower than his chin. He was built, she knew from dance, but she felt naughty looking down.

"But-" She was about to tell him that she only wore it at night, but Devon closed his eyes visibly trying to control his anger as he clenched his jaw tight.
"Now, Ester." He ordered in a low tone and Ester took his shirt from his hand and turned around to change in her room.

Once she finished, she walked back out in his shirt and a pair of leggings before handing him the other shirt. Devon nodded, glad she obeyed as he looked around to see what he could do with it. Then he just shook his head and tossed the shirt aside, remembering what he came for.

"Ester." He sighed before stepping closer to her. He was still shirtless and Ester seemed to not be able to look into his eyes, so he gently lifted her chin by placing his finger underneath it.
"I have two more things. The actual reasons why I'm here." He told her, his head dipping low to graze her lips with his.