7. Restaurant

"No way." Ester laughed upon listening to Sierra's story. Her new friend almost fell off the chair while talking about that certain memory.

"Yes way. And he smeared it all over the walls." She finished and Ester scrunched up her nose in disgust. She glanced down at her burger and suddenly didn't feel so hungry anymore.
"At least that's what mom said." Sierra was sobering up by now but her eyes were still laughing.

"And I will confirm anything my daughter says." They heard. Ester glanced up and saw a beautiful black haired woman stand behind Sierra's chair. The woman was grinning down at Ester before she got distracted by her surprised daughter.

"Mom! I didn't know you were coming." Sierra said and hugged her mother. Ester smiled at the scene, but felt like a creep while watching them. If she would've known going to a dance class would make her meet the Sierra Stone and her mother, who owned the restaurant they were currently in, she would've used that coupon way earlier.

She couldn't believe it when Sierra told her about her mother being the owner of this restaurant. This was one of her favourites and she's never even seen the owner until now. It was a good decision to say yes to Sierra's offer, she thought.

She wouldn't have found out so much embarrassing stuff about Devon. Maybe if he decided to tease her again, she'd at least have a few tricks up her sleeve. He'd never see it coming.

"Oh, where are my manners? Mom, this is Ester." Ester snapped out of it when she heard Sierra say her name and stood up to shake the woman's outstretched hand.
"Hello lovely, I'm Martha Stone."

"Nice to meet you." Ester smiled and the women sat down. Martha pulled out the chair next to Sierra. Good thing they sat down on a table for four, Ester thought.

"So, Ester. Do you like this restaurant?" Sierra shook her head at her mother's question.
"Don't expect her to say anything negative. I already told her who owns it." Ester chuckled at that.

"Now where's the fun in that?" Martha joked but turned back towards Ester again.
"You can tell me the truth, I'm not going to cry." She winked.

"I actually really like it here, ma'am. I've come here before, so it's not really new to me." Ester said honestly.
"Now you're just flattering her." Sierra joked and her mother laughed.

"But call me Martha, dear." The woman told Ester, who nodded.
"Now, where's my lovey-" Martha started but got interrupted by a familiar angry sounding voice.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Ester heard and saw Sierra take a glance behind Ester. She rolled her eyes before smirking up at her brother.
"Hello, brother."

"What is she doing here?" Ester saw him place his jacket over the back of his chair next to her. Of course he had to sit next to her, Ester almost rolled her eyes too.
"The question here is: what are you doing here?" Sierra snarled at Devon when he sat down next to Ester.

"I came here with mom. But if I knew you were here, I wouldn't have come." He snapped back and Ester heard Martha sigh loudy. The woman leaned forward a bit as she went to talk to Ester.

"24 years have I been going through this. You'd think they'd grow out of it." She shook her head and Ester bit her lip from laughing. She could only imagine how those 24 years were like. Sierra has given her a few insights earlier anyways.

"Well, we were here first. And we appreciate mom's company. Yours on the other hand..." Sierra said and Martha decided to call it quits as she cleared her throat.

"Kids, stop it. I came here to enjoy dinner after a long week of work. I don't need to discipline you anymore, you're adults for heaven's sake. Devon, be the bigger sibling and leave your sister alone." She shot him a stern look and Ester would've died to see his facial expression now. But she didn't feel confident enough to look at him yet.