9. Dancing

"Where's Sierra?" Ester asked as soon as she saw Devon exit the door.

By now, she was freezing and her lips were quivering. What took him so long? Devon reached her and threw a towel her way. Ester caught it with her face and glared at the impossible man in front of her.

"She sent me to get your dress. Step aside." He ordered and then unlocked the door to Sierra's car. Ester frowned at his back. He wasn't mean to her yet. Something was wrong, she thought when he turned around.

"Get the dress." He said and even though Ester never planned on listening to him, she crawled inside the back of Sierra's car and looked for the dress. She found the little black dress and went to close the door, but Devon stopped her.

"What are you doing?" He asked, leaning down to meet her eyes. Ester gulped at the look in his eyes and this time not because she was afraid. But she shook her head soon after. Again, she blamed her unusual reaction to him on the alcohol.

"Getting dressed or where do you think I should change? On the streets?" She asked him and Devon narrowed his eyes at her.
"Make it fast, I don't have all day." He grunted and then slammed the door shut. Ester jumped, surprised the door stayed in its frame. Then she mimicked him, screwing up her face before taking her dress off.

She dried her stomach and breast with the towel and made sure to warm hersef up in the process, rubbing her belly. When she thought it was enough, Ester pulled on the other dress and noticed it did fit her hips perfectly as if it was melted with her body. To her relief, there was no zipper in the back, so she didn't have to ask Devon to close it for her. He'd probably just laugh at her and refuse, she shook her head and then exited the car.

Devon looked up from his phone and widened his eyes slightly, almost unnoticeable. But Ester caught his reaction and almost blushed when he tried to cover it up with a clear of his throat. She closed the door and stepped forward to join his side.

"Took you long enough." Was all he said, before locking the car and turning around to get back inside. Ester rolled her eyes and followed him, embracing the warmth and sighing when she felt her body warm up. That was fast, she thought.

Devon shoved his hands in his pockets after pushing the elevator's button. His gaze was focused on his shoes and Ester found herself looking at her own shoes. Well, this was awkward.

She felt like she should break the silence, because it was getting unbearable when they eventually stepped inside the elevator. So she cleared her throat to catch his attention. Devon glanced at her.

"So you did come after all." Was what Ester came up with as she watched the numbers above the elevator doors change.
"Did you honestly think I'd miss my best friend's birthday party because of a litte girl?" He asked her.

"Yeah well, I don't know who's the little girl here. After all you as a twenty eight year old should know how to act around a twenty year old." She raised her chin up high again. Devon lifted an eyebrow at her.
"You're twenty?"

"Yes! Why does everybody here think I'm older?" She threw her hands in the air and Devon shook his head.
"I actually thought you were younger." He shrugged and watched her jaw drop.

"Close your mouth before I get the wrong idea." He secretly smirked, but stopped when he saw a blush appear on her cheeks. It went down to her neck and he wondered just how far it would get.

"You're impossible." Ester shook her head, trying to act indifferent. Devon simply shrugged and looked up at the changing numbers again. Ester mirrored his action and sighed when they finally reached the top floor.

"After you." He grunted and even though he again sounded angry, Ester was pleasantly surprised he let her step out first, like a real gentleman.
"That was nice." She commented when he joined her side.