30. Argument

"So let me get this straight." Ester said before taking another sip of her martini. She looked at Sierra, who was laying beside her on a lounger, just like herself. The sun was shining and even though Sierra did offer her a bikini, she wasn't comfortable with it at this moment.

"You invited me over, saying you needed help with your rock path. And I came here, ready to get my hands dirty. Just to see five shirtless men working on that path." Ester finished and Sierra nodded.

"Exactly." Her friend giggled before taking a sip of her own martini. She looked back at the scene in front of them and Ester followed that action. Those men were fit and tanned. Yet, Ester didn't really feel that exciting spark in her as she watched them work.

Their six packs and cute smiles didn't do it for her that day, so she stood up and decided to get another drink. Something non-alcoholic. Once she stepped inside, a cold breeze greeted her and she smiled in satisfaction.

It was incredibly hot today, hence the shirtless workers in Sierra's backyard. As Ester poured herself another glass, she heard the front door open and looked at the newcomer. Her eyes widened slightly as she watched Devon walk in with a pair of black sunglasses resting on his nose.

He didn't seem to see her at first and walked straight through the kitchen and out into the backyard. Ester's cheeks heated up in embarrassment. Great, he didn't even look at her and she was already blushing.

She watched him talk to Sierra and wondered what he was even doing here. He surely wasn't here for the same reason as her? To watch these guys? No, definitely not. Ester just shook her head and continued pouring herself a glass of water.

Whilst she was busy with that, Devon sighed when his sister just greeted him with a casual smile.
"You needed my help?" He asked her, referring to the text Sierra sent him a few minutes ago.

"Yeah, could you please watch these guys while Ester and I go change?" Sierra asked, standing up from her lounge and facing her brother, whose eyes widened behind his sunglasses. Ester?

"What? That's your emergency?!" He got rid of his sunglasses and put them in his pocket. God, he didn't even check himself in the mirror before he came here. And where the heck was Ester? He didn't even see her.

"Yes. What if they steal something? I mean after all, these are five muscular men and we are two beautiful women. We wouldn't stand a chance against them." Sierra forced a smile. She just wanted away from these watchful eyes.

"You should've asked me to lay that path, Sierra. You know better than to let some guys do it while you girls are alone." Devon sighed at his sister, who shrugged. His face softened and then he nodded.

"Alright. Go change. But don't you dare change into any less than this, Sierra. You and Ester both. These guys don't need the show." Devon growled.
"Of course not. What do you think of us?" Sierra hissed.

"Just go change." Devon snapped and gently pushed her inside. He was looking for Ester, but he still couldn't spot her anywhere. So for now he just turned around, crossed his arms over his chest and watched the men work, glaring occasionally whenever one's gaze would meet his.

When Ester and Sierra came back downstairs a few minutes later, the guys were already done with their work. Devon paid them, much to Sierra's annoyance. The girls walked in as Devon sent the men on their way home.

"Devon! What were you doing?" After closing the door, he turned around to see his sister in the same clothes as before. Which didn't even faze him because he saw Ester from the corner of his eyes and shifted his gaze towards her. Man, she looked good.