19. Tears

"What the fuck?" She heard and in a heartbeat a tall man towered over her.

"Ester?" She looked up at him and her eyes widened. Devon's confused face was staring back at her. But what surprised her was his beard and disheveled hair.

His robe was opened, giving Ester a great view of his Calvin Klein Boxer briefs and his shirtless self. He looked like he came straight from the commercials.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He grabbed her elbow, which finally caused Ester to snap out of it and look up at him, a blush grazing her cheeks.
"I-" What should she say?

Sierra never prepared her for this moment. Ester thought she was just going to stand behind Sierra all the time, while the siblings talked and bickered as always. But she was in no means prepared to talk to him.

"You what? Got lost? Fucking miles away from your apartment?" He asked her right before a thunder interrupted them and Ester glanced up to the sky. She heard Devon grunt, oh that familiar sound.

"Get inside." He said and turned around, letting his hand fall from her arm. Ester was quick to quietly follow him inside. She watched him yawn when he closed the door right after they both stepped in.

A second later, they heard another thunder and eventually the first raindrops were starting to fall. Devon turned around, rubbing his eyes shortly before looking at her again. He narrowed his eyes and looked her up and down.

"What?" She didn't like the heavy silence that suddenly surrounded them as she crossed her arms over her chest.
"How did you know I was here?" He asked.

"I didn't." Was the fastest thing Ester could come up with, which made Devon raise an eyebrow.
"Well, I came here to enjoy a day at the beach." She told him.

"And you decided to break into my house while enjoying your day at the beach?" He was obviously not believing her and Ester ran out of options. Where the heck was Sierra?

"Uh, could I call someone? I lost my phone." If her phone made a noise right now, she'd be effed. Please don't make a noise, please don't make a noise, Ester silently prayed.

Devon clenched his jaw and took a step towards her, his face pretty void of emotions when he stopped right in front of Ester. He studied her, really not knowing what else to do. How the fuck did she even get here? She didn't have a car, he thought.

"Sierra's with you, isn't she?" It was more of a statement, than a question. Oh no, abort mission, Ester thought. But she still shook her head.

"No? Then how the fuck did you get here? And why would you break into my house? I didn't think you'd be someone who does crazy shit like that." Devon crossed his arms over his chest. Oh, that muscular chest, Ester's eyes drifted downwards.

"Ester." Devon uncrossed his arms again and stepped even closer. He still smells good, Ester thought when he invaded her personal space by placing his index finger under her chin and raising it upwards, so she would look at him.

"Why are you here?" His voice sounded velvety and raspy as he looked at her through hooded eyes. Ester couldn't help the dreamy look to overcome her face. He looked and smelled like a dream. It was as if she was mesmerized by him.

"Answer me." His own demand sounded far away when he lowered his head. And when he licked his lips, Ester was gone. She lifted her arms in order to pull him towards him. But they stopped mid air when Sierra finally decided to intrude.

"Surprise!" Within a heartbeat, Ester and Devon jumped away from each other, surely awake now. Sierra approached them with a tight smile. Ester hoped she didn't catch them, but Devon knew she did.