42. Shock

To say Ester was surprised was an understatement.

She knew one way or another they would become boyfriend and girlfriend, but to have him ask her now was something else. They never really talked about it and she caught him accidentally call her his girlfriend once but that was it.

"As I said, you don't have to answer-"
"Yes." Ester interrupted him and his eyes widened.
"Really?" He asked in disbelief.

"Of course, Devon." She smiled in delight and he leaned back in relief with a goofy smile playing on his lips. Ester watched him with the same facial expression. Without warning, he stood up and closed the distance between them.

Ester was still sitting when he cradled her face and leaned down to kiss her lovingly. The butterflies in each of their bellies erupted once again. As always when the two touched each other in any way.

"Thank you." He whispered against her lips right before he let her breathe as he looked down at her.
"Don't thank me for that." Ester said.

They shared a long kiss again. Within the next few minutes, Ester found herself wedged between Devon and a wall in the hallway. Her legs were wrapped around his hips as he held her up against the wall. They kissed passionately, even more than they usually did. And both of them knew tonight was going to change everything.

"Don't stop." Devon demanded against her lips as she started grinding against his crotch, the fabric of his pants and her panties the only things separating them from being one. Ester knew he wanted it as she felt his bulge down there. And she was ready.

"Was that the door?" Ester asked breathlessly as she clearly heard someone knock against his apartment door.
"Ignore it." He told her when she turned her head towards the door and his lips latched onto her jaw.

The knock came again and Ester stopped him by gripping his jaw before looking back into his eyes. His jaw was tense and she knew he was getting impatient but she didn't see any harm in opening the door real quick and finishing what they started in a minute.

"Go ahead and open it, I'm not going anywhere." She said, her heart still racing inside her chest. Devon let out a deep breath and pecked her lips one more time before turning and walking towards his front door.

He frowned when no one stood in front of him. He stepped outside and looked left to right. The hallways were empty and dark. Devon shook his head and walked back inside, hearing a sound as he stepped off the doormat. He had stepped on something and bent down to pick up the white envelope with an even deeper frown.

"Who was it?" He heard Ester ask as soon as he closed the door with the object in his hand.
"No one. But I found this envelope." He said, already opening it. Ester came to stand beside him in confusion.

"What?" She asked as she saw him take out a photo. Their eyes widened and Ester's heart stopped for a moment.

Devon was holding a photograph of the both of them. On the photo they were holding hands and smiled at each other as they walked out of the dance studio. It was dark, but they were conveniently walking right under a street light.

"Oh no." Ester couldn't help but let out as she frowned. Devon was quiet, not knowing what to say. Who the heck would do that? And why did they place it on his doorstep? Ester was asking herself the same. Why would someone take a photo of the two?

"Devon, say something." She looked up at him, but he was too busy thinking.
"This is bad." Ester decided to do the talking. She took the photograph out of his hands and turned it around, hoping to find some more information about the person who gave them the photo.