New Connections

A/N: Sorry after forgetting it's Monday and then Wattpad not letting me post from my laptop I am beginning to think this chapter may be bad...so I hope you like it and sorry if it sucks. It's kind of a filler chapter anyways. Thanks to SilasAgelleMou for being my beta❤ Also I apologize if the spacing is odd ..I had to post this on my phone.

After my shower, I got dressed, pulling on a jean skirt and a white and gray striped tank top that held a large pink heart on the front. I then brushed the tangles from my hair and pulled it back in my normal clip. Slipping on my flip flops, I turned to Liza who had been quietly watching me get ready. Raising my hands, I ask if the guys had returned and peeked out the window. 

“Yes, they just pulled up to the house across the street. I take it you're leaving now?” Liza replied as she, too, glanced out the window before turning back to watch as I nodded my head.
“I going to see if I can get any more information on that McCoy guy. Remember, no talking, missy.” The spirit gave a stern look and I nod, rolling my eyes.

“I’m the one with the sore throat here. I know better than to talk and make it worse,” I signed to her.

“I also know how stubborn you can be when it comes to something you consider important and a sore throat will not stop you,” Liza replied fondly but with an exasperated sigh.

“Yeah, yeah, I promise not to talk okay? I’ll see you later, and be careful not to gain McCoy’s attention with your snooping.” I couldn’t hide my worry that she would get hurt.

Now, who is nagging?” At my worried frown, she sighed, clearly fighting back her own eye roll. “Again, who is the protector here? I promise to be careful and come back tonight. Now you go on and spend some time with those cute boys of yours and have some fun.” Liza waved her hands in a shooing motion, making me smile and blush. Grabbing a pen and notebook off the nightstand, I waved goodbye to Liza before quietly sneaking downstairs.

After making sure the coast was clear, I slipped out the door and carefully shut it, waiting for the quiet click of the latch before letting out the breath of air I had not realized I’d been holding. The flare of pain in my throat reminded me that doing things like that was not a good idea.

With a quick glance at the house to make sure that no one saw me, I ran across the street and up to Kota’s door and knocked. Loud barks echoed from the other side of the door along with the sound of a male voice that I couldn’t make out, the barking ceased and then Kota was opening the door. A smile spread across his face, his green eyes seemed to light up behind his glasses.

“Hey, Sang, come on in.” Stepping back, Kota opened the door wider, and I walked inside, giving a small wave in hello as he shut the door.

“I’m glad you came, Nathan and I were trying to figure how we could check up on you without alerting your mom.” Kota turned and led the way to his room, with his back turned I couldn’t reply to his statement so followed him up to his room. Walking into his bedroom, I spotted Nathan sprawled out across Kota’s bed, staring up at the ceiling with his hands tucked behind his head.

“Good news, Sang is here so we can scrap the window plan,” Kota said as we entered the room. This caused Nathan to look up, pulling himself up into a sitting position.

“Awesome, because we honestly had no idea which window was your room. Hey, Sang, how are you feeling?” I was surprised they would go through so much trouble to make sure I was okay. Waving a hello, I opened my notebook and began to write. As I did this, Kota dragged two bean bag chairs over next to the bed.

“Have a seat, Sang. We really do need to figure out a way we can keep in contact so we know you're okay.”

Having finished writing, I handed the notebook to Kota then sat down in one of the bean bags as he read the note out loud.