He Leaves

I dedicate this to ellatomlinson9104 , thank you for your message, I really appreciate it 👐🏼💕

PS: please play the youtube video at the top while reading this imagine, I swear it will fit the story and will be worth it :)

Louis' POV

Today is the day.

Our wedding day.

The day that I should've been waiting for, that I should be excited for.

But why am I not any of those?

I swear to my whole life, I never regretted proposing to her. In fact, the first time I met her, I knew she's the one that I'll be with for a lifetime. We've been together for 5 years now, that's why I was completely committed and I wanted to marry her.

But now, I really do not know anymore.

Imagining (Y/N) being with me forever, I don't think she will be happy with me. I'm not good at making a promise that I will make her happy forever. I'm not that good enough for her. She's so precious, and she deserves to be with someone who will always make her happy, and that someone isn't me.

Right now, I am in front of the mirror, looking at myself. Wearing my suit for the wedding.

I heard a knock on the door and there I see my best mates coming in the room.

"Congratulations, Tommo!" Niall started and the other boys congratulated me.

"Thanks lads," I say, faking a smile.

"Don't be nervous, you'll be fine." Liam patted my back, I just nodded.

"Oh before I forgot," Harry handed me a small box, "(Y/N) wanted us to give this to you."

I opened the box, seeing a piece of paper and a boutonnière inside.

Since we're not allowed to see each other before the wedding, I ask the boys to give you this. Put it on your tux, okay? See you later Mr. Tomlinson x – (Y/N)

I can't help but smile at her note. But the smile quickly faded, knowing that I will just hurt her heart.

Zayn puts the boutonnière on my suit and swept the dust off my shoulders, "alright, you're all set bro. Let's go."

We went straight to the wedding, as I walk down the aisle, people are smiling to me and congratulating me. I expressed the gratitude, but at that same time I was feeling upset because I know I will just disappoint all of them, particularly (Y/N).

The wedding music began to play and the church bell rings.

The door opens, and there she is.

The woman that I love, walking down the aisle, smiling brightly at me

That moment, I forgot everything. Instead, I just look at her, admiring her.

She stood in front of me, smiling, eyes glowing.

A sharp pang of guilt formed inside of me, I don't want to hurt her, yet I don't deserve her.

I began to cry. She saw it and frowned a little.

"Shhh, don't cry my love." She told me, wiping my tears with her thumb. She thought it was tears of joy, but it wasn't.

"You're so beautiful," I told her.

She smiles, holding my hand.

"We gather here to unite these two people in marriage.." the priest began to speak. (Y/N) looks back at me and I do the same, smiling weakly.

"Is something wrong?" She whispers to me. She really knows me so well.

I just shook my head and held her hand tightly. I feel uneasy, I don't know what to do.

"You may now deliver your vows," the priest says. (Y/N) and I turn to each other, I hold both of her hands.

This is it.

"I knew I loved you from the moment we met, and I have been helplessly lost in your eyes ever since." I truthfully said. She's smiling, she's making this difficult for me.

"I..." I say, I'm lost for words. I avert my eyes from her, inhaling unsteadily and my hands trembling.

"Louis..." she spoke, I caught her frowning. I know for now she's getting nervous because of my weird actions.

Holding back the tears, I look back at her, "(Y/N)." I say.

"I-I-can't do this. I-" I stuttered, "I'm sorry.."

Her bouquet falls from her grip. Her eyes are wide in shock and horror.

"I don't deserve you. I'm so sorry." I tell her, letting go of her hand. I turn around and run towards the door. Leaving her hurting, but it's for the best.

I hope it's for the best.