Mutual Understanding

*1 new notification*

You look at your phone to see there's a new message. When you saw his name, you unlock your phone.

Louis:
hey baby. Where are you?

Your heart went crazy when he called you that.

You replied.

You:
I'm on my way.
Is it about to start?

You just finished on your part-time and you went to a convenience store first to buy him a water and energy drink.

Louis:
In about thirty minutes
And I need you here. :)

You smile to yourself, paying for what you bought at the counter.

You:
Haha okay, see you later.

Louis:
Alright, see you later love.
Looking forward to seeing you
cheering for me. ;)

He just doesn't know how it makes you smile when he calls you sweet names.

You giggled like a school girl. You replied,

You:
See you soon. x

You waited for him to reply but he didn't anymore. You had that little hope that he will say 'I love you' even if it's impossible.

Why is it impossible? Well because... you don't know what kind of label your relationship is— if you can even say you have a relationship.

Yep, that's right.

Sure, you have late-night calls, simple glances, being sweet and such. There's no denying that you both have feelings for each other.

But as I said... you don't even know what you have.

You treat each other in a special way but no commitments are involved.

He didn't not court you, and you didn't answer him.

More than friends but less than lovers.

You don't know your role in his life.

Most certainly, he's not your boyfriend and you're definitely not his girlfriend. And you can't assume he's the one.

You only have this thing called, 'Mutual Understanding'.

It is, in other words, a mess.

But why do you settle for this kind of relationship?

You don't know. Maybe because this is the only thing you can and will ever be.

You went out of your thoughts when you finally arrived. You went to the bleachers and find somewhere to sit.

"(Y/N)!" You see Liam waving at you and you wave back. You approach him and you see the other boys.

"You're just in time." Zayn says, handing you an extra soda.

"Thanks," you took a sip.