My Vow

"Are you ready, Louis?" I heard Niall asked from behind.

I looked at myself on the mirror, wearing a black suit that matches my tie and shoes. I fixed my white boutonniere on my chest and adjusted my tie.

"C'mon. Let's go."

I never expected the day would come.

The wedding day.

When we arrived at the venue, I saw everyone's happy faces.

I felt so nervous but of course at the same time very happy.

After a while, the bride finally arrived and the ceremony started.

Right then and there, I saw her... I saw you, looking so beautiful in white.

Our eyes met, and your eyes sparkled through the shining light.

You were walking towards me and I felt like flying through the clouds with the warm feeling. My chest was burning and it felt like it was almost exploding.

I couldn't believe everything. It just seemed like it was only yesterday when we met the first time.

I never believed in love at first sight, but you made my beliefs change when you came into my life.

As our relationship grew, my feelings for you went deeper and deeper. There I already knew that you're the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I have always loved you because you're... you. You're never afraid to show who you really are. You're one of a kind, an extraordinary woman, and that's what makes you special.

So to you I made a promise that I will do everything to make you happy, and feel loved.

I'll always take care of you. Even in times that you need someone to lean on, I will always be there for you.

I'll never get tired of loving you, even if we become older.

I will walk with you, hand in hand, wherever our journey leads us.

There are so much I wanted to tell you and do for you because you deserve the love...

and because I love you very much.

I want you to be the happiest woman in the world.

Even if we didn't end up together.

Even if it's not with me.

That moment, you were in front of me, and mouthed at me the words, "thank you".

I nodded and I did not realize my tears were spilling.

You slowly turn your back from me and you went to your groom. He looked at me; his bestman. And to his groomsmen, smiling.

He turned, looking at you lovingly and you were the same. You and him were full of love.

To think of it, it was painful but when you looked again at me, I caught myself smiling at you.

I was genuinely happy... seeing you, my whole world, happy.

And that moment, I knew there are promises I can surely keep...

I will never change and always want the best for you.

This is my vow, and I'll forever keep it to myself.

Knowing that I love you, (Y/N), is enough for me. Because it's the best decision I've made in my life.

- THE END -