Happy Ending? pt. 3

You went straight to your old school. As you arrived, you see nothing has changed in the school except for the new faces here and there. Sure, the color of the school looks renewed but the hallways and classroom still are the same.

You went to the director's office and you see Mrs. Smith, your old Math teacher now the campus head.

"Wow, Miss (Y/L/N), is it you?' She greets you.

"Yes ma'am" you smile.

"Nothing has changed. You're still gorgeous." She compliments you.

"You too ma'am, still looking blooming as ever." You compliment back.

"Oh you.." She laughs and you do the same.

"Sit down." You do as she says.

"You are going to write about the popularity of this school, right?" She questions and you nod.

"Can I have your permission ma'am?" You asks.

"Of course, no worries." You give her a paper and let her sign it.

Then you get your notes out to write details while asking her.

After the interview, you stand up. "Thank you ma'am for your cooperation. I will go now to the faculty to interview the teachers."

"Alright, sweetie. Thank you too." And you said your goodbyes.

You then went to the faculty room. You were about to knock when a teacher opens the door.

You look at that person and you surely knew who's the person infront of you.

Your first love.

He stops, and looks at you. By the looks of his face, he knew you. You just looked at each other's eyes for a second.

"(Y/N)?" He then asks. The same voice from years ago.

"Louis." You breathe, "It's been awhile."

You give him a genuine smile.

"Oh uhh.." He stutters, "how are you?"

"I'm doing great." You say.

"You're.." You speak, "a teacher here?"

What kind of question is that? It's obvious! — you thought.

"Yes." He nods, "a Drama teacher."

"Oh, I see."

You feel the awkward tension between you.

"Uhmm, can we talk?" He offers.

"Sure." You accepted.

You make your way to the field, and you're both silent to the way there.

As you arrived and sit down at the bleachers, "wait here, I'm just gonna go somewhere."

"Okay." You say. After a minute he comes back with two sodas in his hands. Just like before.

"Thank you." You reached the can of soda from his hand and drink it.

You both looked at the field with full of football players.

You start to speak. "So, you didn't pursue your football dream anymore?" You ask. You still remembered how he wanted to be a world famous football player.

"Yeah. I realized I don't want it anymore. So I pursued to be a Drama teacher." You know it fits him well because it's also one of his talents.

"So," he says, "I see you achieved your dream, being a journalist." He smiles at you. Somehow it surprised you because he remembered your dream job.

"Yes, I really love my job." You nod.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" He then asks out of blue

You look at him, "no, I uh, I haven't been dating because of my career. Have you?"

"Same, I haven't been dating since the day we broke up." He says and you didn't respond.

You begin to quiet down again, just watching the scenery on the field.

"It's been six years since the last time I've seen you, " he says, "and you're still the beautiful (Y/N) I've known." The words that came out from his mouth give your stomach butterflies.

"(Y/N)," Louis lowered his head down, "about that day-"

You cut him off, "I know what happened." And he looks at you.

"I bumped into Danille at the cafe earlier." You say, "she told what happened and apologized."

"I'm sorry." He says.

"It's in the past. And I already forgave you." You give him a reassuring smile.

You looked at each other, just like before when you were so in love with each other. The memories of you and Louis are coming back.

"Can we start again?," he averts his eyes while fiddling his fingers, "I-I mean, can we forget what happened and start something new?"

This time, you know there's no harm in trying again with him, "Okay." You smile.

He looks again at you and smiled back.

"Hi, I'm Louis Tomlinson." He says, "you're (Y/F/N), right?"

You laugh as he says the same last words from when he started talking to you back then, "yes. How did you know?" You played along with his acting as well.

"You're the most gorgeous girl in the campus, how could I not know you?" He chuckles.

"Can we just go straight to the point?" You cross your arms, trying to intimidate him just like before but you feel like you're about to burst into laughter.

"Eager," he grinned, "I like it."

"What now?" You can't contain it anymore so you laugh.

"Alright look," he smiles, "I like you, so can we start as friends?" He offers his hand.

His last words wasn't the same as six years ago but the change of words made your heart flutter. Meaning, he respects your decision.

"I'd love to, Louis." You shake his hand, considering to build a new relationship with him.

And that was the beginning, forgetting the past, living the present, and looking on the future of your relationship.