[2] Portals

You know the feeling you get when someone jumps out on you, when you least expect them to , so you feel like your heart is going to come out of your mouth or that it's beating so fast that you feel like you're going to puke? Well that was how Myrc...

You know the feeling you get when someone jumps out on you, when you least expect them to , so you feel like your heart is going to come out of your mouth or that it's beating so fast that you feel like you're going to puke? Well that was how Myrcella was feeling after being seen by the handsome shadowhunter.  

"Cupcake! What's wrong?" Magnus asked the shocked girl in worry. He could see that she was scared.

"A shadowhunter, he saw -" She was trying to explain glancing back to see if she was followed or not. 

"That's all I need to hear, go to the loft now Ella." He motioned the girl towards the portal he quickly opened after hearing the word shadowhunter. 

Though before she went through the purple cloud, she saw a pair of green eyes looking at her with a really familiar strawberry blonde hair.

"Clarissa?" She questioned before Magnus pulled her with himself through the portal, immediately closing it after them. 

"Mag!" She yelled surprised. "The girl back there, she wasn't Clary was she?" She asked, the eyes still haunting her.

"I do believe that was indeed the young Fairchild, though I do not know what she was doing at my club." He replied making Myrcella turn around to face him. 

"The protection spells you put on her must be wearing off then." Myrcella said remembering the times when her mother brought Clarissa to her home but not being allowed to meet her. 

One time she had secretly watched them when she was little.  She saw how Magnus took her memories away each time Clarissa got close to the shadow world. After being caught, not bearing the thought of the girl he raised getting hurt, Magnus did his best to keep her away from their home. Myrcella thought how lucky her sister was for being able to live with her mother but then realized not knowing what was really going around was worse than living away from home. Though in time the loft became her home and she wouldn't dare to imagine living somewhere else than this place now. 

"Now my love, you're more important to me. Are you sure the Shadowhunter saw you?" The high warlock asked as he put a hand on her shoulder in worry. His most important job was to keep her identity hidden from the Clave and the unwanted eye.

"Yeah, he looked like he was about to say something but Mag why do I still have to hide from them? Don't you think my father-" She stopped after accidentally using that word for the monster which made her stomach turn, thinking of what he had done to her and her brother. "Valentine would have already found me, if he was still alive?" She questioned blowing a piece of her hair away from her face. 

"Even if we're not sure about Valentine, the Circle is still active Ella and you know that. Your mother would've taken you back if she knew it was safe for your return." Magnus replied with sympathy, he knew this was a sensitive subject but he also knew if the Clave found out that Valentine had a daughter who was half a warlock, half a shadowhunter they would want to control the girl he cared dearly about for her powers. 

At the mention of her family so much, Myrcella touched the bracelet she got from her mother the day she was left to live with the high warlock, she too cared deeply about. With her touch, her eyes shone green and she gasped. All of the emotions rushing through her enabled her to see her mom with her magic. She saw her mom get attacked by Circle members and then faint. She looked around for Clarissa but she was no where to be seen so she hoped for the best. The high warlock watched as the girl was having a vision, curious what she was seeing.

"Mom!" She yelled letting go of her bracelet. "Mag! They took her, Circle members. I have to go, I have to help my sister." She explained frantically, rushing to her room not waiting for a reply.

She quickly got out of her dress and put on comfortable clothes, making sure she got her stele and her seraph blade. Quickly pulling her hair in a ponytail, she grabbed her phone and rushed towards the front door.

"Ella wait!" Magnus held her wrist as she was about to get out of the apartment. 

"Magnus, I know you're to protect me no matter what, but they're my family too as much as you are and I just-" Myrcella was trying to explain herself feeling her eyes water but she wouldn't dare to cry. 

"Shh cupcake," He cut her off waving his hand. "I know I can't stop you from going to your family if they're in danger, even though my heart says no. We just need to locate their house before you go." Magnus added smiling, embarrassing the young warlock.

"I thought you'd put up more of a fight, old man." Myrcella joked, relieved she didn't have to argue with him. 

"I have full trust in you." He smiled at her. "You had me as your trainer after all." He added puffing his chest. 

After getting an address, she traced her stele over her speed and stamina runes and opened herself up a portal leading directly to her mother's apartment. Magnus just stared after the girl whom he had taken care of for years. He knew she wouldn't stay with him forever and that her family would need her at one point. Hell, the whole Shadow World would need her when the time came. He wanted to go and help her but this was her own destiny so he couldn't interfere unless it was life or death situation for Myrcella. 

Author's note: Hello! I've written this chapter as a filler to get the storyline going. I hope you like it. I'll be updating a lot this week to get at least 10 chapters. Like, comment, subscribe mundies! :) -Ally