[34] Wedding Bells

"What do you mean you're not going to stop the wedding from happening?" Clary asked her sister incredulously after hours of talking and catching up with their private lives, still sitting in the infirmary too keep an eye on their mother

"I can't do that to him Clary. He was raised as a Shadowhunter. His priorities are different than mine. He has to marry Lydia for that." Myrcella sighed knowing if she cared about him, she couldn't do anything about it. "Ow! What was that for?" She yelped when Clary smacked her stomach as she was lying on the bench now.

"For being incredibly selfless and stupid." The younger Fairchild replied with a smile making the older one roll her eyes.

"Gee, thanks. Here I was thinking we were bonding. My own sister." Myrcella dramatically sighed and put a hand on her forehead.

"You know what I mean." Clary picked up her hand and patted it gently. "It's just I can't stand the fact that you're throwing away your happiness. Mine is over as he's our sibling now but you, you don't deserve this." She frowned and shuddered when she said the word sibling.

"I need a drink or something stronger." Myrcella groaned as she sat up straight.

"Girls, I can take it from here. You two should rest." Luke walked in towards them with a smile on his face.

"Thank you Luke. We didn't want to leave her unattended." Myrcella smiled at the older man who had his eyes set on their mom. Myrcella knew that look, she had that look. Clary thanked him as well and after a small group hug the sisters went to Clary's room. "I'll stay till morning." Myrcella said with a smile when she saw the look on Clary's face. Clary thanked her sister and handed her a pair of shorts and a t-shirt for her to sleep in. Myrcella got on the bed next to Clary and turned the lamp off.

"I'm glad you find your way to us." Clary mumbled before dozing off to sleep. Myrcella smiled at her sister and even though Clary could annoy her to an end, she would always protect her sister with everything she had. Now, she just had to wake their mom up and hunt down Valentine to put an end to it once and for all. With that thought in mind Myrcella could feel herself doze off as well.

"You are the best, I'll see you tomorrow." Myrcella heard her sister say as she slowly opened her eyes and yawned. "Good morning, sleepyhead. I thought you were a goner and had to check if you were still breathing at one point." Clary stated with a grin on her face.

"How long was I out?" Myrcella stretched her arms and sat up. Noticing it was almost nine o'clock, her eyes popped wide open and she jumped up. "Clary! Why didn't you wake me up?" The half warlock scolded her younger sister.

"I figured you didn't get much sleep lately and I doubted you'd wake up if I tried." Clary replied with a cheeky grin and ran to the door with a laugh to avoid getting punched. "Get ready, come to the control room." She said sticking her head back in the room and closed the door behind her.