[3] The Institute

Myrcella took a deep breath in as she got out of the portal only to find herself in a disheveled store

Myrcella took a deep breath in as she got out of the portal only to find herself in a disheveled store. The place looked like it had been hit by a huge hurricane and robbed thrice. She held her seraph blade high which gently lit up the dark store as carefully walked over the broken glass, trying to avoid shards so she can keep her presence unknown.

"Mom! Mom?" She heard a girl yell.

Her best guess was that the yells belonged to none other than her sister Clarissa, which meant she wasn't taken by the Circle. Myrcella sighed in content that her sister was unharmed. She was about to go find her when she saw a shapeshifting du'sien demon. For all she knew there could be others. The demon was in her mother's form but it could be seen through to the trained eye. Much to her dismay, she knew her sister was kept in the dark so she would believe the demon was their mother. She sneaked up behind it and slashed the demon with one swift move making it disintegrate. Still keeping quiet, Myrcella was slowly walking up the stairs when she heard her sister scream. Feeling panic rise inside her, she jolted upstairs but stopped when she saw a muscular blond guy stab it with his seraph blade before Myrcella could reach her sister. She didn't see a circle rune so she guessed he was with the Institute. She quietly took a step back and watched as the guy gathered her sister in his arms and leave the apartment. Myrcella quickly activated her soundless rune and followed after the boy who she knew would lead her to the Institute. She knew she could leave and go back home knowing her sister was safe but something in her told her to go. The four year old Myrcella in her wanted to go and see her sister again, make sure she was okay even though if it meant throwing away everything Magnus had done to keep her safe.

During their training, Magnus had told her all about the Institute, a place where Shadowhunters in New York lived. Which was, of course, covered by a glamour so the mundanes would only see it as an abandoned cathedral. She just didn't know where it was as Magnus didn't like nor trust Shadowhunters other than Myrcella who was more of a warlock in front of his eyes. 

She stopped when they reached the giant building. Magnus had told her about the wards and how an alarm would go off if a Downworlder breached them. Putting her faith in her nephilim blood, she quickly glamoured herself to look like the blond guy who had just saved her sister's life and waited for them to go in first. Checking if she was alone, she got out from her hiding spot and hurried up the steps. Letting go of the breath she didn't know she was holding, relief washed over her as she entered the Institute without a problem. She closed her eyes and focused her magic on her sister. When she felt like where to go, she started walking.

"Who are you, impostor?" She was suddenly pushed up against a wall with a blade on her throat. It was the same raven haired, handsome guy from Pandemonium.

"What are you talking about? It's me." She tried to act cool but the guy didn't believe her and slammed her against the wall again.

"Don't lie. You're not Jace!" He said behind gritted teeth and Myrcella only sighed knowing she had no other choice.