[10] The Rave

When Myrcella came out the portal to her room, she collapsed on the floor, breathing hard

When Myrcella came out the portal to her room, she collapsed on the floor, breathing hard. She hated the way she was feeling. She shattered her windows, muffling a scream and got up.

"Keep it together. You're a Fairchild." She muttered to herself and washed her face. 

When she looked up at the mirror, she realized her eyes were red and there was a single tear threatening to trickle down. She furiously wiped both her eyes and smiled. Myrcella wasn't the one to cry, not over broken bones let alone some words said by a stupid guy. She quickly changed, put on a little make-up and went out to greet the guests Magnus was having over. They were all warlocks who needed shelter against Circle members. She said hello and smiled to the warlocks trying to find her best friend. She found him standing near a window, talking to Elias, a warlock which for some reason gave her bad feelings. 

"Magnus, I beg you to reconsider." She heard Elias say with disagreement in his voice. 

"Reconsider what?" Myrcella jumped in the conversation, draping an arm over Magnus' shoulder and taking his wine glass from him. 

"This is a private conversation." Elias replied with a frown, but Magnus just smiled.

"Always frowning Elias. You may be immortal but, mmm... you're not immune to crow's feet." The high warlock of Brooklyn replied making Myrcella laugh. She leaned towards the other warlock and squinted her eyes.

"You're right, Mag. And no! Are those frown lines I see on your forehead?" She questioned seriously to which Elias quickly ran a finger, as if to feel if he did have any. In return, she winked and took a huge swing from the glass she was holding. 

"You cannot attend this meeting." Elias stated firmly. Magnus took his glass back from Myrcella and took a swing himself. "No matter what the Shadowhunter is offering. Valentine is getting close." He added and Myrcella hid her frown. Everything was because of Valentine and she had to find a way to stop him before he hurt more people. "It is far too dangerous for you to leave the lair." He concluded making Magnus chuckle. He handed the glass back to Myrcella and faced Elias once more.

"I was alive when the Dead Sea was just a lake that was feeling a little poorly." He replied with a sing-song voice which Myrcella found amusing. She liked how cool and collected he was being with the danger and responsibilities he was holding. She really did look up to him. "While I value your counsel, so much red brick makes me feel like a caged animal." He added, looking out the window Myrcella was leaning against. 

She knew Magnus had to meet up with her sister and the others so she knew she had to face Alec again because there was no way she would let Magnus go whether he was the high warlock or not. 

"Is one necklace really worth the risk?" Elias asked with a hint of annoyance in his tone and Myrcella perked up to this. So that was their offering, she thought.