[21] Surprise

"Are they ever going to end?" Myrcella groaned as she kept shooting the oncoming demons with Alec by her side

"Are they ever going to end?" Myrcella groaned as she kept shooting the oncoming demons with Alec by her side. Instead of replying, the raven haired Shadowhunter just grunted and kept his mind on the task; kill demons, don't die. After a while, Myrcella drew her bow again and turned swiftly only to come face to face with an arrow. Alec was in the same position as her, both of them panting. Both of their arrows' tips were almost touching each other's noses. Myrcella smiled and lowered her bow.

"I think that was the last one." Alec said as he checked their surrounding once more. "Let's go find the rest bow girl." He added with a straight face and walked away, leaving the strawberry blonde Shadowhunter's mouth agape.

"Oh no. You did not just call me that." Myrcella groaned not liking being on the end of her own joke. "Alec." She called out as she tried to reach him but before she could she collided into something hard.

"Myrcella?" It was Luke.

"Luke, am I glad to see you." Myrcella smiled hoping he would be able to locate her sister by her scent. The duo quickly briefed Luke what was happening and rushed off to find Clary. The group spotted Clary, panting, holding her seraph blade out. She looked shocked. Myrcella guessed her sister had her own run in with some demons.

"Clary!" Luke called out to the girl but she turned back with her seraph blade high.

"Get back!" She warned them. "How do I know you're Luke? How do I know any of you are real?" She asked them with her eyes wide. Myrcella looked down and saw demon dust beneath Clary's feet. She probably came face to face with a shapeshifting demon and that's why she was so rattled.

"I got you spray paint for your birthday." Luke replied, holding his hands up to show her he wasn't going to hurt her.

"And I'm your long lost sister." Myrcella winked knowing demons wouldn't know that.

"What happened?" Alec asked as if it wasn't obvious.

"Uh, demons." Clary replied and Myrcella held her sister's arm, gently lowering it down so she wouldn't be pointing her blade at them. "Long story, uh..." She continued breathing heavily. "Where'd you come from?" She asked Luke changing the subject.

"Jail. I ran into these two. Thought you might need some help." Luke replied pointing at the bowed duo.

"Apparently not. Looks like she took care of it." Alec stated as he too realized the demon remains.

"Shouldn't we get going or something?" Clary asked frustrated, wanting to get out of the place she killed a demon with the face of Jace. "More demons could be coming, right?" She asked worriedly.

"Don't worry about it. I got the pack on lookout." Luke replied with a smile. "If there's any other demons, we'll take care of it." He added with a reassuring smile.

"Look at you. Leader of the pack." Clary replied with a chuckle. However her smile was nothing but proud.

"Well you know, it has it's perks." Luke grinned holding his hands out. Myrcella and Alec exchanged glances remembering the day Luke turned into an alpha. It was a day both of the Shadowhunters wanted to forget.