[24] Forsaken

Lydia Branwell, will you marry me?

Hit. Hit.

Me, Alec Lightwood?

Hit.

Myrcella Fairchild was taking all her frustration out from the punching bag in front of her, not caring nor hearing anyone around her. After accepting her feelings towards Alec, and everyone else saying he liked her as well, the young half warlock thought everything would be fine between the two of them. She couldn't believe he had proposed to the Clave envoy when he was the one initiating a hot make out session not so long ago. No matter how hard her punches were, she couldn't get him out of her mind. With one last punch and a scream coming from the girl, the punching bag was thrown across the training room, tearing apart in the process.

"Myrcella." Someone touched her shoulder, making her turn around ready to punch. "Hey, it's me. Hodge." Hodge stood before her with his hands raised up in defense.

"Sorry. Didn't hear you come in." Myrcella mumbled looking down at her hands. Her knuckles were bloody because of her punches.

"Heard your scream. Wanna talk about it?" He asked her with concern in his voice but Myrcella shook her head. "How about sparring then?" He asked as he threw her a sparring stick. Myrcella caught it with ease and gave him a weak smile.

Myrcella didn't know for how long they were sparring but her face was glistening with sweat, as was Hodge's. She got down on her knees and gave his feet a swift kick. Hodge fell back with a grunt as Myrcella was holding her sparring stick on his chest. She had a triumphant smile which was wiped off her face when Hodge kicked her down as well.

"Get down!" Hodge yelled as she fell on her knees. Myrcella turned around to see Hodge fighting a Forsaken.

The Forsaken swung its weapon and Hodge blocked it with his sparring stick, which broke into two. Myrcella shook herself out of her shock and attacked the creature from behind. The duo was going back and forth, hitting the Forsaken but he was too strong for one. With a kick in the chest from it, Hodge fell backwards. Myrcella grabbed a broken piece of glass from the floor to use it as a weapon. She slashed at it with all her might but it didn't go down. Instead, the Forsaken slashed back with his weapon. Myrcella had managed to avoid the first couple of blows but one made contact with her as she felt searing pain in her side. She bit her cheek and threw the piece of glass like a dagger which embedded itself in the Forsaken's chest. In retaliation, it smacked Myrcella with the back of its hand and she hit the wall, the air getting knocked out of her. Seeing as she was down, the creature quickly advanced on her but was hit in the back with an arrow. Myrcella groaned seeing it was Alec helping them. Noticing he was doing fine on his own, she stumbled over to Hodge to see if he was okay and helped him up. Myrcella turned around when she heard Alec grunt and fall to the floor.

"Enough!" Myrcella said angrily when the Forsaken had its arms raised above Alec, getting ready for the final blow. With all the pent up anger inside her, Myrcella ran over to the creature, jumping up on its shoulders and breaking its neck like it was no deal. The Forsaken's body slumped down with Myrcella on top. However, the girl didn't stand around for Hodge and Alec to get up. She huffed and went to her sister's room to clean herself up.