[32] The Trial

"Okay, before we go to the Institute, we're going to have be straight with our story about me

"Okay, before we go to the Institute, we're going to have be straight with our story about me." Myrcella suggested as Magnus was opening up a Portal for them.

"Simple. Jocelyn wanted you away from Valentine because he had plans for you so she left you in my care and I've been hiding you ever since." Magnus replied with a smirk and held out his hand. Upon seeing the look on Myrcella's face, the high warlock frowned. "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" He checked to be sure she wasn't rushing in on anything.

"Yes Mag, I can't leave Isabelle to take all the blame. Just if anything happens, let Clary know?" Myrcella asked with a smile and took his hand.

"Oh also, it was Alexander who came here to ask for my help." Magnus mumbled as they went through the Portal. Myrcella clenched her fist knowing she'd have to see him and his oh so fantastic fiancée who put his sister and herself in this situation. She took a deep breath and walked in the Institute with Magnus by her side. It didn't take someone to grab her wrists behind her back and walked her towards Lydia.

"Great, so you decided to come after all. Myrcella Fairchild, you are hereby under arrest for high treason." Lydia announced with a smug smile and Myrcella smiled back in reply.

"Hi Lydia, thank you. I'm fine as well." Myrcella mocked the envoy and didn't get a response as she was led to a room. "Take your hands off me jackass, I can walk on my own." The half warlock shot the guy holding him a glare and he pushed her in the room, closing the door behind her.

"Myrcella?" A feminine voice asked in surprise.

"Oh my god! Izzy! I'm sorry I didn't know. I've been trying to call you." Myrcella quickly hugged her friend.

"Why did you come? Didn't Magnus tell you?" Isabelle asked the girl she had grown to care a lot.

"Yes and that's why I'm here. There was no way I would let you go on trial alone." Myrcella replied with confidence. "We're in this together." She added sincerely.

"Are you sure? You know we may be stripped of our runes. The plan was my idea. I wanted to save-" Isabelle rambled on, blaming herself with tears in her eyes but Myrcella put a hand on her shoulder.

"Izzy. I will say this once. You didn't force any of us to do anything. We did it because it was the right thing to do. I couldn't hide from the Clave forever so don't worry about me either." Myrcella explained and smiled when the young Lightwood slowly nodded in apprehension.

"Thank you." She mumbled to express her gratitude.

"No need to thank me. That's what friends are for. Who knows, if we survive this, maybe one day we'll be parabatais." Myrcella joked making the dark haired girl give a genuine smile. "For now, put on a brave face and don't worry. We have a kickass defense attorney." She winked and sighed when the door opened, indicating it was time for them to face the high inquisitor.