[40] Killer News

"No, no! Please don't kill her

"No, no! Please don't kill her." Myrcella was trashing on the bed and with a final scream, she fell off the bed, her fall waking her up. The half warlock opened her eyes to realize she was still in the infirmary and no matter her pleads, Aurora was still dead. She swallowed back a lump and wiped the sweat on her forehead.

"Hey, you're awake!" Isabelle exclaimed as she started running towards the girl who flinched from the sound before realizing she was safe.

"I'm going to put a bell on you Lightwoods so I can hear you coming in." Myrcella muttered under her breath before she was tackled in a hug. Her body was still sore but she welcomed the hug to make sure this was real and not some dream Valentine had conjured up.

"Never disappear like that again. I was so worried and Alec was ready to rip out someone's throat." Isabelle narrowed her eyes, her hands still on the girl's shoulders. Myrcella felt a small blush but she shook it off.

"Izzy, you need to tell me what happened with the demon attack? Did anyone get injured?" The half warlock asked anxiously, she didn't know how she'd take it if someone got hurt from the attack Valentine had set up. She saw a look of hurt flash in the dark haired girl's eyes momentarily before she masked it with a smile.

"You don't need to worry about that now. You just think about getting better, okay? Well I should let you rest. I'll come by later." Isabelle replied in a single breath and left as if her ass was on fire. 

Myrcella stared at the spot Isabelle stood with a look of confusion. First Alec, now Isabelle was avoiding the demon attack and Myrcella knew there was something suspicious going on. She also realized the place where her mother's sleeping form was now empty and she smiled hoping they were able to wake her up. After a moment, her smile turned into a frown realizing if she was awake why hadn't she visited her? Why hadn't Clary visited her? Myrcella knew she wasn't the priority but she couldn't help but feel disappointed. Her mind reeled with negative thoughts as she guessed maybe Clary didn't need her anymore now that she had their mother back. You're crazy, she thought, Clary isn't like that, she'll visit soon enough. Her thoughts then wandered off to Jace and she knew she had to find out if he managed to get out of Valentine's grasp as well. Her train of thoughts broke when someone opened the door and the strawberry blonde beamed in relief.

"Jace!" She exhaled with a smile and they briefly hugged before pulling apart.

"Myrcella, I'm sorry. Valentine told me you had already escaped. I shouldn't have believed him. He just got in my head and I-" Jace started rambling and Myrcella cut him off as she knew it wasn't his fault.

"Jace, don't apologize. It's Valentine, we know what he's capable of." She mumbled as her gaze flickered down to the black veins covering her left arm.

"What did he do to you?" Jace asked with furrowed eyebrows and Myrcella shook her head.

"I- I can't. Not now." She replied still seeing the soulless eyes of a certain Seelie. Jace solemnly nodded and gave a comforting pat on her shoulder. "Jace, as everyone seems keen on avoiding me, can you tell me where I can find Clary? Oh god, wait. Did anyone let Magnus know as well? I should see him." Myrcella started freaking out thinking what the high warlock was doing.