[17] Alpha

After Alec had let Jace know, he went back to the loft in anger

After Alec had let Jace know, he went back to the loft in anger. He couldn't believe he had failed to save them.

On the other side of the town, Myrcella started waking up with a grunt. There was a searing pain in the back of her head and she was seeing spots as she tried to open her eyes. She felt something cool around her wrists. The place she was on was cold and hard, she guessed she was on the floor but couldn't recall what had happened. The last thing she remembered was hearing something in the loft. Was she still there? After blinking couple of times, she managed to open her eyes to realize she was at some sort of restaurant and her hands were cuffed. She looked left to see her sister was sitting in a booth.

"Clary? Are you okay?" She grunted and tried to get up but as soon as she uttered those words, someone harshly grabbed her arms and pulled her up, getting her in a chokehold.

"Look who's finally awake." A man sitting across Clary stated with a sickening grin. "Now, tell me where the Mortal Cup is or she gets it." He threatened her, trying to persuade Clary but Myrcella didn't go down easy. She winked at Clary and slammed her head backwards to headbutt the guy who was holding her. The surprise made him let her go.

"You bitch! She broke my nose!" He exclaimed in pain. As Myrcella was about to kick him where the sun didn't shine, she was tackled to the floor by a grey wolf with green eyes, a werewolf to be exact. It snarled in her face with saliva dripping down and her weight was no match to it.

"Gretel, you know what to do." The same guy commented and then without hesitation the wolf bit into Myrcella's shoulder but she wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of hurting her so she bit her lip hard, trying to keep her screams in even though the pain was almost unbearable.

"No! Myrcella! Get away from her." Clary begged out with tears coming down her face.

"So you do care about her." Apparently the leader stated and gestured with his hand to get Myrcella up. Two men roughly grabbed her arms and pulled her up again, her shoulder flaming up in pain. "Let's try this again. Tell me where the Mortal Cup is and we won't have to hurt your friend any further." He said getting up and walking towards Myrcella. Clary was looking at her sister who was putting on a strong face but she knew she was in a great deal of pain. The older Fairchild's face was covered in sweat and her shoulder was bleeding profusely which was making her already light skin even paler.

"Clary, don't listen to him." Myrcella shot him daggers with her eyes.

"Have it your way." He just rolled his eyes and stabbed Myrcella's side with the knife he had picked up from the table. With amount of pain her body was in, Myrcella couldn't keep quiet this time and whimpered, her face contorted in pain. Clary couldn't handle seeing her sister being tortured so she ran in front of the man.

"I'll tell you where the cup is, just don't hurt my sister." Clary blurted out, realizing her mistake a little too late. Myrcella would have slapped her forehead if she wasn't in too much pain, plus she knew Clary didn't do it on purpose. But with this newfound information, the leader of the pack raised an eyebrow and smiled.