[23] Shatter

"So are you going to sulk around until Alec returns?" Isabelle asked leaning on the door frame as she watched Myrcella lie down on her sister's bed throwing her stele up and down

"I'm not sulking." Myrcella grumbled not looking at her friend.

"Stop it." Isabelle said as she grabbed Myrcella's stele in mid air, making the girl look at her. "Do you want to talk about you and Alec?" She asked as she sat down on the corner of the bed.

"Only if you tell me why you're dressing up like your mom." Myrcella shot back knowing Isabelle still had some explaining to do.

"My mom thinks I'm the reason the Seelies are done working with the Clave and thinks I need to be more mature." Isabelle said in one breath. She didn't care about that right now. She only cared about her brother's happiness, which would be taken away from him if he didn't act fast. "Now you." She added when Myrcella didn't start talking.

"I've never been good at handling my emotions and we seem to be on a path that one of us keeps initiating a hot make out session which I'm totally not complaining about but I don't see where this is going or if he likes me like I do and I just don't-" Myrcella started rambling but Isabelle cut her off by flicking the girl's forehead.

"For two great Shadowhunters, you two are so dense." Isabelle exclaimed in annoyance. "You like him and he likes you. Just admit your feelings to him before it's too late." She said gently placing a hand on her shoulder.

"What do you mean before it's too late?" Myrcella questioned, sitting up.

"Our parents are trying to find him a wife and Alec doesn't want it, of course, but you two knuckleheads better act fast." Isabelle replied with a hint of sadness in her eyes. Myrcella felt like she had been punched in the gut.

"A wife?" Myrcella's eyes grew wide as she asked incredulously. 

"Yes but he likes you, Myrcella. You can stop this." Isabelle said before she was interrupted by her phone beeping. "They need me in the lab but please think about this." She added before she left.

Myrcella just laid back down, staring at the ceiling. She wanted to cry but she didn't allow herself to. She swallowed the knot in her throat back down and closed her eyes. However, when she did that, a certain raven haired Shadowhunter came into her mind. She felt her lips tingle when she remembered the way he kissed her. She didn't know for how long she just laid there, lost in her memories when the door opened.

"Cupcake?" The voice shocked her but made her sigh in relief.

"Magnus!" She yelled as she got up to hug him. "What are you doing here?" She asked as she pulled away, knowing he'd have to be invited in.

"They needed my help in the lab." The high warlock of Brooklyn smiled. "And Isabelle sent me here saying you needed my help?" He asked worriedly. Myrcella didn't seem like herself. He knew she was having an internal fight about her feelings for the Shadowhunter.

"I don't know Magnus. No matter what I do, he pulls me in. I thought it was just the sexual tension but I want more. So much more, it's driving me crazy." Myrcella mumbled in the warlock's chest, as she rested her head there in frustration. "And it's me! I don't do feelings. I do one night stands. It's not like me to fall for someone like this." She continued to mumble as Magnus stroked her back. He knew he had to do what best friends did and give her stellar advice. He sighed and grabbed the girl's shoulders to pull her away from his chest.

"What did I teach you about life Myrcella?" He asked her with a smile.

"Enjoy it and don't overthink about everything." Myrcella recalled to the time he taught her that. Myrcella knew she was overthinking about her feelings but she couldn't help herself. She was afraid of getting hurt.

"And I can see Alexander shares the same feelings towards you so I'm going to give you the advice I just gave him." He said as she gave him a confused look. She didn't expect him to talk with Alec as well. "Do what's in your heart." He concluded with a smile. After sharing another hug, Magnus left the Institute hoping he made the right choice by advising the two Shadowhunters. Myrcella's brain was telling her to keep quiet about her feelings and keep focused on finding their mother but her heart on the other hand was aching to scream out the truth to Alec. She knew they couldn't keep making out whenever they felt like it, then act like nothing had happened. They had to be adults and talk about their unspoken feelings. She gathered up her courage and decided to find Alec. During her search she ran into the rest of the Lightwoods and they said she could find him in the office. The door was slightly ajar and before she could knock on it she heard him talking.

"Together, we can restore my family name and we can keep the Institute." She heard Alec say and decided not to interrupt.

"And we'd get to run it." It was someone who made Myrcella's blood boil. But Myrcella didn't want to jump into conclusions. Maybe she confused her voice with someone else's. Right as she was about to enter, she heard a sentence she would not be able to forget.

"Lydia Branwell, will you marry me, Alec Lightwood?" Myrcella felt as if she had been underwater for too long. Her lungs felt like they could explode. Her head was spinning from the lack of oxygen. In reality, she wasn't underwater but she actually forgot how to breathe because of what she had just heard. However, Myrcella knew what she had to do; mask her feelings with anger. She dug her nails in her palms to stop herself from crying but a few tears escaped, making her clench her fists even tighter.

"Yes, I will marry you." She heard Lydia reply. After letting few more drops escape, Myrcella reopened her eyes, they were shining emerald and blood was dripping from her fists. She exhaled shakily and unclenched her fists. Without looking back, she made her way to the training room, her hands still bloody. 

Author's note: I know this is a short chapter but I wanted to end it here. Please vote and comment if you like where this is going.