[41] Dust and Shadows

Myrcella groggily opened her eyes, trying to remember what happened

Myrcella groggily opened her eyes, trying to remember what happened. She took a look around to realize she was in her own bed back at Magnus' penthouse. Myrcella would have smiled at being back at her room if she didn't remember what had happened. Everything started crashing down on her as her mind reeled with everything that had happened. She felt like she was frozen in time and didn't have the power to stop anything from happening.

"Cupcake?" Magnus entered her room with a tray full of food. Myrcella couldn't find it in her to smile at him and just nodded, not trusting her voice. Magnus sat down on the bed next to her and gently reached out to wipe her cheeks. The half warlock hadn't even realized she was crying till then. Magnus quickly wrapped his arms around Myrcella's fragile looking figure and she couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Mag, my mother...she's...my fault." Myrcella managed to get out between her sobs as she clung on to his shirt for her dear life. For a while, Magnus just held onto the girl he grew to care so much and it broke him to see her in that state. He had seen the state Clary and Alec were in as well but he couldn't handle seeing Myrcella like this.

"Cupcake, listen to me. I know you aren't going to believe what I'm saying right now but you didn't kill Jocelyn." Magnus spoke up, her mother's name making her flinch involuntarily. "It wasn't your fault. You can't blame yourself for this. I know what it feels like to lose your mother. You just need to let it all out before you can accept it." Magnus concluded with a sigh as he ran his fingers through her hair. "But first, we need to take care of you." He said with a smile and gently picked her up bridal style in his arms. Myrcella didn't have the energy to protest as the high warlock started walking towards her walk-in bathroom. Still holding the crying girl close to his chest, Magnus filled up the tub with a snap of his fingers. He gently sat Myrcella on the edge of the tub and pulled her top off. Once she was fully naked, he helped her in the warm water and Myrcella's body hummed in approval. She wanted to wash everything that had happened off her body but she knew it was useless. She knew she would still be the one that caused her mother's untimely death. Seeing as the half warlock didn't have any intentions on moving, Magnus slowly started to wash her hair. However, it wasn't anything sexual. He was simply taking care of her when she wasn't in the condition to do so. 

"Thank you." Myrcella found her voice as Magnus was wrapping a towel around her body. Magnus smiled and pressed his lips to her temple.

"Now please eat and rest. I'll be out here when you need me." Magnus said as he walked towards the door. 

Myrcella looked down her arm and sighed. The black veins were still prominent and she didn't know when they would disappear. The young girl reluctantly got dressed after a while of staring at the ceiling, trying to wrap her head around everything. She still had no idea how she could face Clary, surely she would hate her now and the half warlock would lose her sister as well. She shook her head and her eyes landed on the tray Magnus had brought in. She knew Magnus would come in and force feed her if she didn't touch her food so she picked up the piece of bread and started munching on it. Her eyes widened after a while as she rushed towards her bathroom. She flushed after she was done throwing up and looked at the mirror. She knew she had to pull herself together. She had to do it to avenge her mother.