[13] Portal Shard

Back at the Institute, Myrcella was hanging out with Clary in her room, her sister showing her the runes she had been drawing in her journal

"These are pretty good Clary." Myrcella praised her younger sister, feeling the need to be a supportive sister. 

"Thank you." Clary replied with a smile and put her journal away. "Not just for the compliment but thank you for saving Jace's life." She added showing her gratitude for her older sibling. 

"It's alright. Just looking out for my sister's crush." The half warlock said with a wink, to which Clary started blushing furiously. She was about to deny it when there was a knock at the door. The sisters looked up to see Jace standing there with a smile. "Speak of the devil." Myrcella whispered with a grin. "I was just leaving." She added getting up, not wanting to be in the middle of their awkward phase.

On her way out, Jace thanked her again and she just smiled back. She knew she had to do something so she did it. Myrcella was wandering the halls of the Institute when she realized she was hungry. After couple of directions, she found the kitchen and rummaged through the cabinets to find something to her taste. She saw a box of saltine crackers at the back of a cupboard and bent down to get them.

"Hi Myrcella's ass." A feminine voice startled her and she got up too early, slamming the top of her head to the top of the cupboard.

"For fuck's sake!" Myrcella exclaimed in annoyance. She turned around to face the person responsible and unleash some hell but her eyebrows shot up when she realized it was just her new friend. "Don't sneak up on me like that Izzy." She sighed opening the box of crackers.

"Sorry, couldn't resist." Isabelle replied with a short laugh and sat on one of the stools. Myrcella joined the dark haired girl and offered her crackers. 

"No worries. Just wanted something to eat before everything goes bat shit crazy again." Myrcella joked masking the worry she was feeling. 

The two girls continued on conversing from fashion to training to relationships. Isabelle was telling Myrcella about Meliorn, a seelie she was seeing, and how some people didn't approve of her being with a Downworlder which only fueled Myrcella's anger. 

"Well, I've been with Downworlders and I am part Downworlder so I don't see anything wrong with that." Myrcella supported her new friend with a smile. 

Myrcella had been subconsciously playing with her bracelet and in a flash, Myrcella wasn't in the kitchen with Isabelle anymore. The place she was in had an eerie, purple glow to it. She saw Clary in front of her but what's before her shocked the girl more. Her mother was frozen in mid-air with Valentine running his stele over her neck. What baffled the half warlock more was that Valentine turned to face Clary. 

"Nice to see you, Clary." He greeted her with a sickening smile. "You want your mother? Give me the Cup!" He commanded and Clary disappeared which enabled Valentine to see Myrcella clearly. "Myrcella." His eyebrows shot up and he walked towards her.