[38] Aurora

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay so I just realized the first paragraph of Inverted Pt. 2 was deleted before I uploaded here and that's why some of you were confused. I've updated it so be sure to go back and read it. Anyways, enjoy reading while listening to Sigur Ros up on top!

Myrcella was sitting cross-legged on the lower deck as the sea breeze blew in her face

Myrcella was sitting cross-legged on the lower deck as the sea breeze blew in her face. The two Shadowhunters had been sitting in silence for a while now as the sun had already sat. They hadn't tried to escape as they knew if it was possible, Valentine wouldn't have left them without supervision. The duo had been watching Circle members bring in mundanes to turn into Shadowhunters by a Portal all day long. Knowing Myrcella's warlock side, Valentine had injected her with something so she wouldn't be able to perform magic making sure they were stuck there.

"You know you have to play along to convince his trust, right?" Myrcella spoke up quietly making Jace sigh.

"What about you?" He asked not tearing his gaze from the city.

"I don't know what his plans are for me. If anything happens to me just tell-" The half warlock's voice broke as she thought about Magnus, Alec, Clary and everyone else she loved.

"Don't. You'll tell them yourself when we get out of here." Jace gave her a weak smile. The blond Shadowhunter had grown to care about the girl next to her ever since she saved him from Valak. Myrcella nodded and bit her lip to keep her thoughts to herself. Her gut was telling her she wasn't going to have it easy and her gut was always right but she didn't bother Jace with it.

"Myrcella, Jonathan, come with me." They heard Valentine address them and they both sighed, getting up in annoyance. Myrcella eyed the Mortal Cup in his hand and she knew it was time to start turning the mundanes. He led them to the upper deck, where they could oversee everyone else and Myrcella's eyes grew wide seeing their number. She couldn't count them but she guessed there was at least 70 mundanes on the deck. "Join me and my son! Pledge me your loyalty!" Valentine started addressing them loudly and the two young Shadowhunters shared worried glances when he didn't mention Myrcella. "Together, we can preserve our race and rid the world of the demons who plague it. You are the chosen ones. The new breed of Shadowhunters!" He finished his speech and everyone but the two started cheering loudly not even knowing what they were in for.

Myrcella and Jace had to stand by and watch mundanes drink from the Cup and die, their bodies not being able to take it and in the end the ones who became Shadowhunters were so little compared to the dead bodies on the deck. Myrcella had shed a few tears in the beginning but seeing as it was no use, she held them back decided she had to compartmentalize if she wanted to get out of there.

"Jonathan, watch over them." Valentine commanded, pointing to the new Shadowhunters as he put a hand on Myrcella's shoulder. "Myrcella, you're coming with me." He added making Myrcella curse under her breath.

"What? Where are you taking her?" Jace asked anger and worry laced in his voice as he took an offensive stance.

"Jace, it's fine." Myrcella shook her head as she didn't want him to get hurt. She knew she was stronger than him, she would handle whatever Valentine throws her way.