Chapter 2

Sasha layed in her bed. It was rather uncomfortable and cold. The mattress to her bunk had been removed, leaving a piece of plywood for her to lay on. She was on Shadis' bad side sadly. After eating a potato during initiation, he hated her. And she meant hated her. He took her breakfast privilage for a week. And it was the first week.
     She waited for training . She enjoyed it, a lot, she got to spend time with Eren. He was her ODM buddy and her only friend. He was very skilled with the gear, very. He balanced with a broken balancing clasp. That was unheard of. Plus his skills with killing makeshift Titans. And also he was first in hand to hand combat. As well as everything else that Shadis had to offer.
     She knew Shadis had some sort of respect for him. Considering he had actual conversations with him. It was strange. Shadis bragged on Eren, a lot. Everyday she would here him screeching at a guy and telling him to be more like Eren. Eren was a good guy. The best in the whole 104th.
     Mikasa, Armin and Eren were the only ones that weren't hateful to her. She would often be woken up in the middle of the night by Annie or another girl yanking her blanket away and walking to their bunk and doubleing the warmth they had to themselves.
     She usually would fight back if she were in her village. But if she fought back here she would be expelled from the academy. And she really didn't want that. She wanted to have a happy life in wall Sina. After Wall Maria fell, her homeland, the forests of Wall Rose had most of its woods cleared out for farmland. Leaving game scarce, and making her villqge go hungry.
     Eren was the reason she continued her training. Hoping that maybe soon she could catch his eye. He was handsome, to say the least. And his unexplained past was another thing that attracted her to him.
All she knew was that he was at Shinganshina, that made her curious. Very curious. She knew what had happened there. And knew that Eren was there when it happened.
Something happened to Eren, she knew that. But was it at Shinganshina? Or was it something else? That was the gossip among the girls. What caused Eren to be so dark? So hateful. When the name Titan was brought up, he would freeze. Stare into space. Drop whatever was in his hands.
"Yah, I heard that the Survey Corp is going on another expedition," Said Connie as he carried a bag of horsefeed to the stables.
"I heard about that from Reiner," replied Sasha, her voice a little shaky at the thought of leaving the walls. And she wanted to join the Military Police.
"I don't know why they go so frequently, all they do is get eaten by Titans," Connie said as they passed by Eren, who was carrying a crate of Trainee Jackets.
Titans.
That was the word...
Eren's crate fell to the ground. A slight crack from the wood was heard as it made contact with the ground, dust slightly rising. He had a blank stare. As if the hill on the horizon was interesting him, his hands were still held out as if the crate were still there.
"You okay Eren?" Connie asked, slightly freaked out by Erem's sudden change in mood. When he didn't respond he set the horse feed and walked over to Eren and set a hand on his shoulder.
Eren snapped and turned around, a panicked look in his eyes. Connie stepped back.
"The Survey Corps is Titan food huh?" Eren stated after he had calmed down and had taken control of himself. His voice was eerily calm after the outburst Eren had just moments before.
"Errm," Connie grunted, his hand scratching the back of his neck in an awkward motion. His other hand hanging limply at his side.
"Y-," before he could finish the word, Eren's fist had made connection with his jaw. Connie went flying to the ground. Sasha was watching in the background. She ran to Connie. 'That was one hell of a punch' she thought. She looked at the side of his face. There was np swelling yet. Nor color change. That would be different in an hour or so, and ice was scarce in the Trainee camp.
Sasha looked up to see Eren walking away with his crate. His message was clear. Don't mention Titans around him. Especially about them eating people.