Chapter 36

"There you are Jaeger!" Hitch waved him over. He walked over to her and sat next to her in the tavern.
"I finished," he said with the best straight face he could muster.
"Good, now get an ale," Hitch ordered. She was slightly buzzed already.
"With pleasure," he held his hand up and the bartender came and filled his request.
"Yah know, I almost joined the Survey Corps.," announced Jacob, who had been silent until then.
"You should have, every perdon is a part of this fight, whether they like it or not. We have to come together to fight these bastards. Most of us will die," Eren told him.
"That's why I got smart and didn't join," Jacob retorted. "Sorry Jaeger, but y'all are either insane or stupid to join. Most of the Survey Corps. Are the lowest of the low yah, real statistics from the MPs." He took another swig.
"Hey, the reason you're drinkin' that beer is 'cause of the ton sons of bitches that their lives so you could, so shut that damn mouth," Eren's voice rose.
"Like to see yah try," Jacob was passed the stage of having a buzz and getting slightly drunk now.
Hitch started to try and stop a fight from breaking out and grabbed Jacob by the arm and started trying to yank him out. She didn'g want hin to fight Jaeger, who, in fact, was a military legend in the inner walls.
Eren stomped out of the bar, leaving Hitch and Jacob. She wasn't happy with her partner, but he was drunk. She'd let it slide this time.
-----
Krista sat silently at the Survey Corps. HQ. She waited patiently for Eren to return. They were on a Saturday, and Saturdays were still their day off. Just like Sunday.
Sasha was next to her, Petra in front of her, and Mikasa was... somewhere.
The three often sat there and wondered what Eren was doing. The three planned on what would happen when he returned.
But... things had started happening since he left... Reiner was harassing Krista, just like Levi was harassing Petra again. Even after what Eren had done to him.
Sasha was becoming more insecure. And Mikasa was becoming more distant. He had been gone for longer, but still. He was their lover now. And they needed him.
They had heard it all. How he was actually on a spec. Ops mission in Stohess and that they were secretly doing expirements on him. These were actually possible things. But itwas safe to say he was just in custody.
"Petra!" A deep voice barked with a slight slur. She jumped up from the chair she was sitting in.
"My office in twenty minutes!" Levi ordered. He walked away. The sound of his boots creaking against the old wood floor they walked on.
"Shit," the girl muttered and sighed as she sat down.
"I wonder what that was about," Krista asked out loud.
"Probably another one of his strategy meetings. I walk in there and he has a bottle of wine and two glasses, this'll be the second time it has happened."
     She stood up and walked out a few minutes later. Krista and Sasha sat there in a companionable silence. The only noise was the rain pelting the glass pane of the window of the waiting area.
     Petra walked down the hall. She was nervous. What was this midget's plan for her? He had turned into a creep.
     She made it to his door, and was about to knock. She raised her hand to knock. But just before her knuckles could make contact. The door flew open and the short man was standing there.
      She hopped back a little bit in surprised. He had a small smile on his face. And not a fond or cute one. He looked qsychotic.
      "Come on in, Petra," he said shakily.
      "Alright," she whispered nervously.
      The girl stepped into his candle lit office. And he closed the door behind him. She waited to hear the lock. Just in case she had to bolt. There wasn't any click indicating he locked it.
     "What did you want sir?" She asked him. Already knowing the answer.
      "You," he growled.
      "No is still the answer," she replied.
      "Why?!" He was suddenly enraged. She saw the half empty bottle of wine on his desk.
     "Because I don't wanna!" She screamed.
      "You whore! You threw yourself at that freak like you used to throw yourself at me! What happened!" He asked her. He grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her violently.
      "I didn't throw myself at either of you!" She growled through clenched teeth.
      "You love me," he stated, his anger gone in a flash. But his grip tightened.
     "No I don't," she whimpered. His breath reaked of wine and ale.
      "It's obvious Petra, you acted like you wanted him to get my attention." He acted as if there had been some amazing revelation. And in his mind there had been.
     She knew what he was going to do. And her eyed widened. Her heart stopped beating for a second as she felt him tightening his grip even more than before.
      "Let's do this honey," his voice was sweet yet demanding.  She was scared now
       "Listen Levi, you and I both know that if you hurt me, Eren will murder you. So if you let me go now, I will not say a word. I mean it," she tried to get him to understand.
       She saw a flash of fear in his eyes she mentioned his name. She hoped this worked so so badly.