Chapter 17

Eren rode toward the Trainee camp in the back of a carriage. It was the last month before they graduated and chose their branch. And he got the whole month off because Survey Corps. Fundings were low. They barely had enough funding to buy new gas for ODM gear. And even then it was only one case of it. Which held fifty tanks. They went through that in a week of training.
      And since funding was low and wasn't expected to go back up any time soon, the soldiers were allowed to go see their families. And since Mikasa was his family, he was going to the Trainee camp as a surprise. It was around noon, and he could see the entrance to the camp. He would be there in a few moments.
     He wore his uniform with the cloak and gear straps and all. He had forgotten to shave that morning so his beard was very noticeable. He hoped the other guys had a shaving kit. He entered the camp and saw a few people. He was happy it was a Saturday so they weren't training.
     People looked curiously at the carriage, wondering what was happening. It came through the entrance and stopped. Eren handed the horseman his money, got out of the carriage with his hood up, and hopped out. He walked up to the group. All with questioning looks on their faces.
      "Who are you?" Jean asked rudely. His ego even more inflated than before.
       "It's been a while horseface," Eren replied, removing his hood.
      Jean visibly paled at the sight of Eren. His jaw dropped and his arms hung limply at his sides. Krista was in the ame state, as well as everyone else in the group. Sasha walked up, wondering what was going on. She ouched through the group and dropped the potato in her hand.
      Mikasa freaked out and attacked him with hugs and kisses. "You're okay!" She shrieked. No one had seen her act like that before.
      "Yes, I'm okay," he replied. Soon Mina, Sasha, and Krista were baraging him as well. He was going tonhave a long month,
     The day went by quickly, Eren told them about the training and how brutal Levi was. Annie was there and had been staring at him strangely, it creeped him out how much she looked like the human version of the abnormal they had run into. He knew that thing was intelligent.
      Every one gasped at Eren's story about the abnormal. How it chased him and tried to do something he wasn't quitensure about. The girls took his arms and inspected him, Sasha leaned in as close as she could. Smiling. Mikasa covered her face with her scarf when she saw that.
      That night, Eren was dragged into the girls' dorm and practically tortured. They payed in bed with him, they hsd pulled together two bunk beds and Sasha, Mina, Mikasa, and Krista, layed in the bed. Sasha and Mikasa being the closest. He looked uncomfortable.
     But eventually he fell asleep, and the girls played with his hair, and his beard. They giggled and glared at eachother all night. They all eventually fell asleep.
      The next morning came quickly, the rain came pouring down, and most peolple stayed in the dorms. Eren on the other hand, was walking around, the hood of his cloak up. He walked across the hand to hand combat area. Wondering what the day would bring.
      "Care for a round?" A voice asked, startling him. He looked up. Annie.
      "Sure," he replied, sliding into a battle stance. She did the same. He had her down in the mud within seconds. It would have been embarrassing for her if anyone was around.
      "Damn," she muttered, getting back up with his help.
      Without a word, she walked off, he did the same and went back to thinking. He looked toward the dorms and saw through the girls's window, Krista staring. He waved and she waved back, a smile on her face. A few minutes later she was out there with him in a green raincoat.
      They stood there in silence, never saying a word. They didn't even look at eachother. He finally broke the ice.
      "Don't join the Survey Corps.," he told her shakily. "It's hell," his shaky voice saying this as well.
      "I want to Eren, I want to see outside the walls,'' she told him, oooking at him with a look of confusion.
      "There isn't much sight seeing with gia t man eating mosters around every corner," he still hadn't loomed at her.
      "How many have you killed?" She asked him, she knew he was an elite.
      "Ninety four," he told her, finally looking at her, a depressed look on his face.
      "Are they scary?" She asked him, a look of child like wonder on her face.
      "They can be," he replied with a smile.
      "Let's get back to the dorms," she told him as she dragged him by the arm. It hurt.
       And so they walked back to the dorm, where he spent the rest of the day. He grabbed his deck of csrds and theh played games and made bets. Eren was the main person of it all. He hated attention. Mikasa clung to him like never before. Her squeeze cutting off circulation.
     At the end of the day, they all went to bed and went to sleep. Training was the next day.