Chapter 13

6 months later

     Eren's forehead was covered in sweat as he waited for the gates of Wall Rose to open, Levi was at his side and Hanji was on the other. The two looked completely calm compared to Eren, who was literally shaking because of the adrenaline that surged through him. His hands could barely hold onto the reins out of fear and excitement put together.
      He was leaving the walls for the first time, that was why he was excited, but he knew it could also be his last and that was what scared him. Petra, Olue, Eld, and Gunther were behind him and chatting. This was normal to them, leaving the walls and fighting man eating monsters easily twenty times larger than them.
     If he hadn't taken the offer of joining the Survey Corps. Then he would still be training. Still flying through the woods slicing fake Titans, but instead he was going to fight the real thing. The real Titans, the real enemy while the Trainees had another year and a half left to go. He had been trained by the most skilled Titan killers in the entire human race, so he was ready. Or at least he hoped.
      The gate finally opened, a loud creak echoing through the city of Trost. They would be back in a month or so. At least forty percent of the Survey Corps. Member would die on the expedition. And Eren hoped to help lessen the numbers.
      Slowly, the door opened, and the soldiers started to pour out and get into formation. A large dome like formation with Eren on the vanguard. Right at the tip. That was why Eren was scared also. Him and a few seasoned soldiers to hold off the front.
       The formation was finished and the troops started to ride forward, heading for Wall Maria, the main reason for leaving the walls was to get information on the Titans, as well as find defensive areas where they  ould possibly hold outside of Rose. They had tried the eighty meter trees, but Titans could climb. So that ended quick.
      They rode through the fields where there used to be farms and villages. All of it was taken by the Titans. Eren's fear was replaced with loathing and hate. He could'nt wait to kill his first Titan. He hoped he got the chance.
      "Fifteen meter coming in full tilt!" Miche yeled out to their unit. Eren looked in the direction Miche was looking. It was giant. He understood why they were called Titans before, but this ine was huge. It had a baby's fsce and small arms, but it's legs were muscled and being put to good use as it sprinted after them. It's arms dangled and wormed all around as it ran.
      "Jeager, I'll head to it's right and get its attention, you cable in and take it down," Miche yelled to him over the clopping of horse hooves. Not a second after he told him, Miche reined his horse to the right, accelerating toward the Titan.
      Eren saw the blonde man get dangerously close as the Titan dove toward him. At first Eren thought it crushed Miche but then saw him ride around it, avoiding a five meter that they must have missed. Eren took his chance while the Titan was on the ground and jumped off his horse and flew down at it, slicing its nape. Steam flew up and a wedge of Titan flesh went flying. Just as Eren looked up he saw Miche cut the nape of the five meter, it fell down, steam rising.
      A loud whistle was heard from Miche as his horse rode up to him, Eren did the same. They both mounted and regrouped with the rest of the unit that had stayed in formation as the two had dispatched the Titans. There were two other men in Eren's unit besides Miche. There was John, and there was Sarah. He didn't know their last names since he had only met them that morning.
       "How did it go sir?" Sarah asked, the girl had dark brown hair that she kept in a ponytail, like Sasha. She even had the same build as her.
       "Fine, Jeager got his first kill," Miche told them as he rode forward, back into the front of the unit. Gunther and Sasha got closer with their horses, leaned over, and both gave him a pat on the shoulders. Then the two got back in formation. Their cloaks billowed in the wind.
       John had light skin and light brown hair, he was known to be an experienced Titan killer and was also known to be a master at as preservation with the ODM gear. He wasn't very tall, but he had respect among the other survey Corps. Members.
       "Jeager, ten meter on the left, take it out," Miche shouted over his shoulder. Eren looked to his left and saw the ten meter. Did Miche really expect him to be skilled enough to take it out? He took out the last one because it was vulnerable.
       "We've all gotta start somewhere," he sighed before reining his horse in the direction of the ten meter. Once he was close, he jumped out of the saddle, into the air and shot his cabled at the Titan. It hit the ten meter in the arm. He started to go toward the Titan, readying his blade to cut its hand when it reached. And it did. He cut its hand clean off, flipped forward, and ran up its forearm to the nape. He went in for the slice.
      Right when his blades started their descent down, the Titan jolted, making him lose balance. He nearly fell but grappled on to it with the ODM gear,
       "Shit," he murmured. He got ready for the slice again, looking up for a split second to see the Titan reaching back for him. He quickly threw his hands down toward the nape and sliced the wedge out.