Chapter 23

The Recon soldiers stayed high in the eighty meter trees, avoiding the two Titans that fought bellow. One was tall, massive actually. At least seventeen meters, while the other one was tall, but no where near as tall as the first. The battle went back and forth, one would get the upper hand, and then the other would break free. It was getting repetitive. But no one lost interest what so ever.
     Petra, Mikasa, Sasha, and Krista sat in a tree, almost dangerously close. They were all very intrigued, mostly worried about where Eren was. Krista kept asking herself where he was, and Sasha was biting her nails to the nubs. Surely he was alive. Right? Mikasa and Petra wasn't doing much better. The two were shaking, literally.
     One thing Petra had pointed out was that the taller Titan was using a fighting style exactly like Eren's. They were obviously intelligent, the way they dodged and countered. Normal ones didn't do that. The way the tall one with dark hair looked like Eren, and the short one looked like... Annie. It was freakily similar.
     But the fight ensued. The Eren like, one dodged a jab that the Annie like, one threw forward. It rushed passed his shoulder, the taller one grabbed the arm, turned around, and threw the blonde Titan over his shoulder. Every punch, every kick, every step, was devastating for the local ecosystem. Trees would collapse, and soldiers would have to move from said trees. Steps the sizes of buildings would indent into the ground, leaving small ponds in their wake.
     The tall one then aimed a stomp at the shorter ones head. She rolled over, and kicked his feet out from under him, sending plopping to the ground. More damage. She then rolled on top of him, and began to try and tear his face off with her mouth, the jaw expanded, looking freakish. Soldiers in the trees looked away. The one they had been cheering on, had lost.
       But right when she started to lower herself toward his head. God knows why she wanted his head, he headbutted her with brute force. His forehead pushed her jaw open even further, splitting it, and sent the top half of her head flying. The She Titan then jumped back, landed on her backside, and layed there, motionless.
      He got up, and stomped on the remaining part of her head, taking his time to clear his way to the nape. He was almost there, when she grabbed his leg, and with brute , and tore his leg clean off. She jumped up with half a head and bolted. Before he was finished falling from losing his leg she was hundreds of meters away. The one legged Titan layed there, slowly disintegrating.
      "Should we cut its nape?" Asked a soldier.
     "No," the monotonous voice of Captain Levi spoke out.
      "Then what do we do?" Asked another soldier.
      "We see what it does," he replies.
       And that was what they did, the Titan dissolved into almost nothing. The only thing left was the little not in its nape, the tall beast was nearlt gone, but Levi insisted on waiting.
       But after a while, the silhouette of a human being was revealed. The shoulders were a give away. But it seemed like the girls on the tree didn't care. All they cared about was Eren, and his well being. Mikasa had been sobbing, Petra hadn't been far behind, and Sasha and Krista were just sitting there, staring at the bark of the tree.
      But when the muscles and ligaments that held the human deteriorated, a very familiar man arose, his brown hair, and his broad shoulders gave his identity. He was unconcious. Eren Jeager came out of the Titan, his clothes torna and his body perfectly intact.

      -------

      Eren Jeager remained chained to the pole that held him in the middle of the courtroom, the judge looked terrified, and many civilians looked the same. He was a Titan. In other words he was an abomination,
      But people cursed him and shouted death threats. Order was not in the court. Miche looked at him with disgust, and his old squadmate Sarah did too. That hurt a little. They had been through a lot together. But he steeled himself.
      Mikasa was sobbing and screaming at everyone but him, and Captain Levi had a sadistic smile on his face. Eren knew he was going to be okay, but Levi would probably rough him up.
     Petra was stone faced, she looked at the floor. But when she looked at him, her eyes watered, and she looked back down. Eren was having a bad day.
      People threw things at him, and shouted profanities, but they didn't bother him. What bothered hkm was that Levi was gonna "interrogate" him. That asshole captain was gonna enjoy this. Eventually the midget walked up to the pole that Eren was bound to.
     Neither of them said a word as Levi brought his boot covered foot up, and planted it into his face. The brute force sent Eren's head back, and made it collide with the pole. His head was being smashed between the two obstacles.
      Levi removed his foot, and looked Eren in the eye. The prosecuted boy sat there , a smile one his blood smeared face. His noce was pouring it. The teen spit out a mouth full of blood, his smile never faltering.
      "That all ya got?" He asked the captain. "That bitch Titan did worse than anything you could ever do," what Eren had said, was a mistake.
     "Oh yeah?" Levi asked nonchalantly, pulling out a switchblade. Eren paled.
      "Y-Yep," he stuttered out.
      Levi untied one of his hand, and he expected for Levi to just stab the blade through his hands, but he was wrong. Levi was crouched down so he cpuld be at eye level with his captive.
       The Legendary Captain then dug the blade into Eren's skin, and sliced down, taking the skin off, blood poured out. He sliced down every anhle of his arm, all the way up to the shoulder. There was no skin left on his arm.
     Steam rose from the damage, Levi smiled and moved to the next arm. This time he repeated the process. Only he took twice as long to slice down, going all the way to his wrist. This was pure agony. Of course the experience with the abnormal was worse by a long shot, but this was still painful.
     "What is the point of this?!" Eren screeched out, calling to God.
      "It's fun for me," Levi replied, barely above a whisper.
      "I always hated you," Eren gasped out.
      "The feeling's mutual," Levi replied. He then stood up, and kicked Eren in the crotch. He gasped in pain again.
      "This is only the beginning," Levi's monotonuos voice sent chills down his back.
      It was a long court case.