Chapter 6

Dinner came and went, Sasha and Krista both sat on either side of Eren, making Mikasa mad. She sat next to Armin. Mikasa saw Eren slide his bowl of paste over to Sasha and go to Reiner's table and take his from him. She looked at him quizzically.
"Why did you take Reiner's?" Mikasa asked. She fiddled with the ends of her scarf as she asked.
"I won a game of cards," was his only reply. She kind of understood then.
"You gambled for it?" She asked another question. Still messing with her scarf.
"Yah, he hit me five cards and I didn't break so he owes me a few bowls," he answered with a small laugh. "The oaf doesn't know when to quit," he had a smile on his face. And that was a rarity.
"Oh," was Mikasa's only reply. She saw him start eating his food. But she saw the awkwardness in Eren's eyes.
"So what brings you two to our small table?" Mikasa asked as she intertwined her fingers infront of her. Her elbows on the table.
"Just kinda got crowded at our,'' Sasha replied, looking at Eren while putting the paste in her mouth.
"What she said," Krista agreed. She looked at Eren with the same look.
Eren continued to look uncomfortable.
Mikasa saw that her paste bowl was now empty, she didn't even realize she had been eating while talking to them. She got up, took her bowl to the table, and walked back to the table. Eren did the same and came back.
"Well, I'm gonna go ahead and get back to the dorm," he stated while yawning. He began his walk and Mikasa followed. She saw Krista and Sasha close behind. She quickly grabbed him.
She had just thought of it, but so be it. She would ask him to stay with her through the night to prove that he was hers to every girl in that dorm.
"Eren, I don't wanna sleep alone tonight," she told him, it was really a reason to show Sasha and Krista that he was hers.
"I guess, do you wanna come into the guys' dorm?" He asked. She really didn't, she would be eyed by every guy there. She knew Eren would be eyed by the girls, and that was what she wanted.
"C-Could you come into the girls' dorm please?" She asked, he looked a little nervous, but went ahead and agreed.
"Sure, just let me go take a shower," he replied and ran to the boys' dorm," she walked to the girls' dorm, Krista and Sasha tailing her.
She managed to get to the girls' dorm and go tske her own shower without any disturbances. There were no other girls in the showers, so that made her happy. Eren would be there soon. She bathed in the hot water, her skin getting a pleasent burn from the hot water.
She got out, dressed, and went into the girls' dorm, where she saw Eren being practically attacked by every girl in the dorm.
"Are you here to talk?" One asked, she identified them as Mina, her arm looping into his, he looked very uncomfortable. Mina had her head on his shoulder, a smile on her face.
"N-No, Mikasa wanted me to stay in here with her," he replied with a slight stutter in his voice. He politely moved away from all at least ten girls. They followed.
"Why her? Why not us!" Another asked. She didn't know who the girl who asked that.
"Because, she asked," he replied, his breathing becoming labored. He was definitely nervous.
And Mikasa knew that that was the wrong choice of words from him. Every girl exploded. They began asking him even more questions. "You mean if we ask you'll stay with us?!" One practically screamed.
"No, it's because Mikasa occasionally has nightmares, and she needs me to help her through the nights," he explained.
His brown hair was still moist from his own shower, but it still managed to stay out of his eyes. He was still wet all over, his skin reflected of of the light of the kerosine lamps at the tables next to the girls' beds. He was the sexiest man alive, was every girls' thought in the room.
Mikasa walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, the girls all looked at him with jealousy, especially between Mina, Sasha, and Krista. Their faces were beet red with envy. She smirked, he was hers. But did she really want to cage Eren like that? Take away his choice of who would be his lover possible lovers? She wanted Eren to be happy.
"Well, it's obvious that Shadis doesn't care about what us cadets do, so I guess we can let you stay without consequence," Mina stated, then she walked over to him and whispered," but we would anyway."
He tensed up. Why did they treat him so much nicer than the other guys? Why did they let him stay of all guys? Why not Bertolt or Reiner? Hell he even thought Jean was a better choice. But then again he didn't sniff their clothes.
"Well you arrived way too early for us to sleep, and Shadis will scalp you if he finds you outside right now. So you're stuck with us!" Krista exclaimed excitedly, clapping her hands and jumping up and down. He knew this would be a long night.

_________________________________

"So Eren," started Krista,"what do you want to do?" She looked at him with a sweet, kind, look. It made Mikasa sick.
"Do you guys know how to play card games?" Eren asked, he was a master at poker in the guys' dorm.
"No, but we're willing to learn!" Cheered Krista. They practically dragged him to the table and surrounded it. Mikasa followed. He taught them Blackjack, No Peek, Seven Card Draw, and a few others. They played all night, gambling paste and bread.
It was a good night. Eren and her shared a bunk where she snuggled into him, both laying on their sides. She put her forehead to his chesg and he rubbed her back and lulled her to sleep wih kind words...