Chapter 34

"Thanks for the help," Eren thanked Hitch.
     "Thanks for cleaning my handle and cables," she thanked back.
     "No problem, remember, oil them once a week." He informed.
     "I will," she walked out of ar oury, and Eren followed.
     Soon he was outside in the courtyard. He was supposed to report to... Marlo? Was that his name? Probably. He wandered around, occasionally asking an MP if they were Marlo. Hitch was talking to another MP under the balcony of what was probably Nile's office.
     He walked up to them. Hitch was fiddling with her newly cleaned ODM gear, happily pulling the triggers and stabbing her anchor into a nearby stone column. The man next to her had a bowl cut and dark hair. He was wearing gloves... something most soldiers didn't do.
     "Oh hey Eren! This is Marlo!" She greeted, even though they had talked merely moments before.
     "Yeah, I was told to report to him," Eren hated reporting to this inexperienced kid.
     "Go and clean the stables or something," he mumbled, obviously wanting to talk to Hitch some more.
     "I heard free time!" Eren darted.
     "I did too!" Hitch laughed.
     "Whatever," Marlo dismissed with a wave of his hand. He continued his conversation with Hitch.
     -----
     "Oh hell yes!" Eren cheered, looking at their hand to hand combat arena.
      It was large, and looked as if it were designed for blood sport. Bleachers surrounded it and there was a walkway to the entrance on each side. Eren shivered in anticipation. He was gonna kick some MP ass pretty soon.  But it was empty, and rather old looking.
     "Hey when is the fightin' gonna start?" Eren asked a passing soldier.
     "Tonight, we drink and gamble to it," the obviously new and young boy said excitedly
     "Really?!"
     "The best part is that you gotta fight! I get to see you get your ass kicked!"
     "Wanna get yours kicked?!" Eren threatened.
     "No," the young one whimpered and ran away.
     ----------
      Eren sat at the dinner table, not eating so that he wasn't sluggish when he fought. Marlo had confirmed that Eren would be fighting. He was a participant in some sort of tournament that they had every Friday night. The MPs had a lot of free time...
     So when the time came, the sun was gone over the horizon, and the moon was above, they all gathered. Thousands. The thing was, was that Marlo had taken him to a different arena, with much larger bleachers. It was rather intimidating looking.
     A man jumped over the rale and onto the concrete below, which was the arena floor. The place went deathly quiet. He walked around the twenty five square foot arena. He stared at the individual faces of random people. He also had dark hair and a trimmed beard, and was rather short.
     "Where's the freak?" The man asked.
     Silently, people started pushing him through the crowd, he jumped the rail and onto the arena floor below. Eren landed on a knee with a grunt and then stood up. The man looked at him, his eyes eere filled with anger, and arrogance.
     "So you're the freak? The one that can turn into a Titan?" Eren answered with a yes.
     "Show us,"  the man said.
     "Alan," the authority filled voice of Nile Dok warned.
     "Sorry sir," the man named Alan apologized,
     "So are we figh-" Eren was interrupted by cheers. Mostly for Alan.
     "I am so fucked," Eren said to himself as both him and Alan got into a battle stance.
     "You favor offence?" Alan asked.
     "You do too," Eren replied.
     "Better get on defense quick kid, your lack of experience is really annoying,"
     "How many Titans have you killed?" Eren asked rhetorically.
     "Shut up!" Alan roared, lunging at Eren.
     Eren dodged the lunge and elbowed him in the back, sending the man down. But he was quickly back on his feet, and before Eren realized it, the man had socked him in the face. His nose was obviously broken. Alan had a smug look, and went in for a punch again. Eren dodged this one as well and then sank his fist into Alan's gut. Hard.
     He crumpled with a gasp.
     "You win," Alan rasped out as he fell to his knees and held his gut.
     "You passed the the test, now you can fight in the tournament!" Nile cheered.
     "Go Eren!" Hitch cheered, as well as a few other MPs.
    This was gonna be interesting.
--------------------
Hello. Sorry for doing such random and slow updates. Life has been pretty busy lately. So if im not at work im sleeping or eating. I trully apologize and since this horrible heat will be gine soon and winter will come, i will be back in the writing groove.
     But tell me bout yall, if you wanna talk just message me. Im open to anyone who wants to talk! About stories! If yall have requests i will try and fulfill them. If yall have advice, ideas, stories that you think i shoukd read.
    By they way. Does anyone know a really good Erekuri??? Thats my OTP obviously.
     Thanks! And ive read King of Beasts and Queen of Humanity so dont recommend. (Shame it was discontinued)