Chapter 31

"It has come to our attention that Jaeger's training scores have finally surpassed yours, Levi," Erwin informed Levi.
     "So what? I'm still better than that brat!" Levi responded with hostility.
     "No, you're not, his ODM scores are twenty points higher than yours now," Erwin continued on.
     "The only thing he lacks in is speed," Hanji chimed in.
     "Then I'm on top in that still," Levi smirked.
     "Yes, you are," Erwin agreed. "But Eren is a currently raising through the ranks, slowly, I want him to be a squad leader on the vanguard,"
     "He's already on the vanguard," Levi was confused.
     "Yes, but he will be a squad leader, taking Miche's position, in which Miche will be moved to the right wing,"
     "Is Eren leader material?" Levi asked.
     "He was recruited into the Corps when he was fourteen," Erwin stated.
     ''I see your point," Levi sighed. "In some ways, Eren and I are very similar,"
     "How so?" Erwin asked, curious.
     "The need for vengeance is one," Levi listed a few more, such as fighting style, hand to hand combat technique, temper.
     "Huh," Erwin smiled.
     The room was deathly silent. Hanji stood in the back of the room, fiddling with an ODM handle. She eventually spoke up.
     "We know it was Leonhardt," she stated.
     "Yes, we do, but proof is needed," Erwin replied.
     "We need to get her to transform, it's the only way," Hanji proposed.
     "You're right, it is the only way. But the Scouts and the Military Police have some bad blood,"
      "Obviously," Levi muttered.
     "A plan will be devised soon enough Hanji," Erwin comforted her.
     "Thank you commander," she was dismissed.
-----
     "Rock Paper Scissors!" Krista, Mikasa, Sasha, and Petra, yelled in unison as they threw their hands forward.
     "Yes!" Krista and Petra yelled as Mikasa and Sasha withdrew their hands. Two of them got rock while the other two got paper.
     "Rock Paper Scissors!" The two remaining gals said, once again, in unison. Krista won.
     "Damn it!" Petra grumbled, defeated.
     "Yes!" Krista cheered, cutely clapping her hands together in front of her.
     "Hello ladies," Horseface said in a silky tone as he sat next to Mikasa at the dinner table they sat at.
     "What, Jean?" Mikasa asked, annoyed.
     "If I am the next winner of this game of Rock Paper Scissors, each of you have to make out with me," he proposed.
     "No," they all said quickly.
     "Hold hands?" He asked.
     "No," was the quick answer.
     "The can I just play a game then?" He asked, rather sadly.
     "If you want to," Petra responded.
     He joined in on the next round, surviving until it was him and Mikasa, where she did paper while he did rock. He stayed for a few more games, then Eren showed up.
     "I got promoted," He announced.
     "What?! We haven't had an expedition in months! There's no reason for you to get a promotion!" Jean flipped out.
     The four ladies cheered. All asking what his new position was.
     "I'm the new squad leader on the vanguard. I'm taking Miche's place, he'll be on the righ wing where Jean and Armin usually are." He explained.
     Sasha looked furious... just like the other three did. He didn't know why. He got a pay raise, right? Wait. Did he? Erwin didn't tell him. He should have asked.
     "What?" He asked. Fearing his own health in front of the ex hunter that was rather strong, in front of him.
     "You shouldn't be in the vanguard! You're too precious!" Sasha roared.
     The other three nodded in agreement. Mikasa silently walked out of the dining area down the the hall that Erwin's office was. No one saw her for the rest of the night.
     "I have to agree with Sasha," Reiner butted in. "You're a Titan, which means if you die, humanity most likely goes with you," Reiner finished, slapping an arm on Eren's shoulder.
     "That's not the type of precious I was talking about," Sasha grumbled. Crossing her arms and walking out of the dining area.
     "Well, I think I'll go and calm her down," Krista stated, following the pissed off Sasha.
     Reiner yawned.
     "G'night Eren," he walked off towadd the showers.
     "Just us?" Eren asked Petra.
     "Yep,"
     "Would you rather?" He asked.
     "Sure," she cheered. They sat across from eachother at the table.
-----
     "Woukd you rather," he started. "Pry your fingernail off with a fork?" He stopped to laugh at her disgusted look. "Or put a nail under your toenail and kick a wall?"
     "Fork," she shuddered visibly when she answered.
     "What?! I'm going nail all the way, it'd be way faster!"
     "But the it's STUC, in you toe," she explained.
     ''True," he murmured.
      Would you rather sleep with me? Or Krista?" She asked smugly.
     He paled like he never had before. He stuttered, and his breathing got labored. What the hell? Why was she asking this?
     "K-P-K-P-K-P-"
     "I won't make you choose that one," she laughed softly.
     "Oh thank The Lord!" He praised, throwing his hands in the air.
     "I didn't take you for the religious type," she was surprised.
     "I'm not, but I do believe in God. Not the walls like those other lunatics," he laughed out.
     "That's interesting Eren," she poked him in the chest from across the table.
     "You know what my main thought is?" She asked.
     "What?" He asked.
     "Petra Jaeger," she whispered to him. She burst laughing with snorts in between when he paled again, then he smiled and laughed too.