Chapter 4

Eren walked around the training grounds, his boots causing dirt to rise as he scraped the ground. It was early morning. Another Saturday. He was going to enjoy this one. No gambling. No gossip (he hoped.) No training. And best of all, going to bed later than usual.
     The cold air stabbed at him, making his joints ache. He really needed to dress for the winter. All he had on was a white shirt, his uniform pants, and his boots with them. As well as his trainee jacket. The buckles and harness latches were the only things missing.
      He saw a few people up and about, Krista was sitting at a bench, staring into space. Jean was staring at her. The pervert, Eren thought. All Jean did was talk to the girls. He sat next to them during dinner too. It was strange. The other guys understood hormones, but Jean took it too far.
Well, he thought. Might as well make conversation, he walked toward the bench Krista sat on. She quickly noticed him, her face brightening quickly as she scooted over to make room for him.
     "Hey Eren!" She cheered, as he sat next to her. "I was getting lonely, glad you came over here!" She exclaimed while clapping her hands repeatedly.
     "Yah, you looked kinda lonely," he replied while scratching the back of his head. "Why are you up so early?" He asked out of curiosity.
     "I could ask you the same thing, handsome," she retorted, her eyes never leaving connection with his.
     "Well you're beautiful, in thanks for calling me handsome," he replied with a smirk.
     "Oh, Eren stop," she giggled out while covering her mouth with her hand. Damn he's charismatic too, she thought while looking at his toned body, the way his muscular body flexed everytime he adjusted himself on the bench. His chest was something to write home about. The way it widened as you looked up his body. His abdomen was the same. You could see the outlines of his abs. He was more than handsome. His forearms always bulged during pushups. That was another reason the girls enjoyed training. Sure the other guys had some muscle. But Eren beat them all by far. No competition.
     She saw Jean a few yards away, sitting under an oak tree. His pose was as if he were trying to look cool, but failing miserably. He gave her the creeps. The way he stared at the girls. Not to mention he was found sniffing one of Mikasa's bras behind the ODM shed. That was a red light to avoid him.
     Eren followed her line of vision, his face went to one of disgust as he saw Horseface staring at them. He made a gaggin noise and looked at Krista. "He's a creep," he told her. She looked back at him.
     "Us girls have had our own experiences," she replied, and let out a shiver of fear.
     "Want me to beat his ass again?" Eren asked. And she knew that he meant it. Eren Jeager could kill Jean Kirschtein. He proved that everh time they argued. Which was often.
     "No, but I'll take you up on the offer if I need it though," she told him. She would definitely do so if she caught him with one of her bras.
      "Fine by me," he replied. "We call him Horseface," he said with a small laugh.
      "I see why," she responded, looking back at "Horseface" with a fzce of disgust.
     "He calls me Suicidal Maniac," he told as he looked at the ground as if the scuffs on his boots eere interesting.
      "Why?" She asked.
      "'Cause I wanna join the Survey Corps.," he grunted. "He wants to join the Military Police," he said, emphasizing        "Military Police.
      "Well the way I see it, you're brave, and sweet," she told him as she grabbed his arm in assurance.
      "Thanks," he replied. He got up from the bench. "Well Krista, I better get going, Jean's giving me that look.
      "I'm trying to avoid fight with him," Eren explained to her. She got up from the bench as well.
      "Alright Eren, but I gotta tell you something before you go," she whispered. She grabbed his arm and pulled him down.
      "What is it?" He whispered back to her. Unsure of what would be told. Probably gossip, he thought.
      "This," she pulled his face into hers, she kissed him deeply, raking her hands through his hair; leaving kt messier than usual.Her soft mouth mingling with his. He was bent down due to their height difference. But he just stood there. Dumbfounded, the kiss still going. She continued doing it, not stopping until she was out of breath. She then gave him multiple kisses on the cheeks, leaving her lipstick on them. His hair was a mess.
      She looked at him nervously. "I'll let you go now," she said nervously. It was so sudden, she hadn't even planned it until the last second and did it before she let her low confidence kick in. She walked away, ringing her hands as she did so.
     Eren stood there for a while. He eventually snapped back into it, and sat down on the bench for a second. Damn, he thought. That was insane. He looked over to where Jean was earlier. He was sitting there, a look of jealousy, rage, sadness, and confusion all mixed into one. It was an ugly look.
Eren smiled and began walking across the training grounds, no clear destination. With the same pair of eyes watching him, the eyes of a powerful person... waiting for the time to confront him.