Chapter 41

"Krista!" Eren roared out. He reached for her. And the Titan... dropped her.
       She landed, writhing in agony fro. The tight grip. He saw the Quadrapad Titan turn and look at him. A smile on its face.
      "What the..." he was on his feet already. "It's just sitting there," he was completely lost. "Can't let this opportunity go to waste!" He shouted, grappling in its direction. Hooking around and effectively slicing its nape.
      Steam rose from the Titan carcuss. He landed immediately and sprinted for Krista. He skid to his knees next to her limp body. He had never felt such a fear for someone.
      "Are you okay?!" He asked, fearing for her life. His heart beat. And his head throbbed in pure adrenaline and fear for her well being. He put his hand on her arm.
     She rolled over to him. "It hurts!" She sobbed. "I'm scared!" She was shaking from the sobs.
      "It's gonna be okay, I promise. Alright? Look at me sweetheart," he grabbed her face and pulled her to look at him. He pressed his forehead to her's, their labored breathing mixed together.
     She slowly stopped crying. Her body calming down. "It hurts..." she whimpered.
      "I know it does hon, but I'll keep you safe," he kissed her passionately. "Now," he helped her up. And Titans that were near hadn't noticed them yet. He whistled for his horse, which galloped up quickly.
     "Go find the others, quickly. They were heading for inform the villages. Do not go directly north," he ordered.
     "I'm not going without you," she answered.
      "I'm your commanding officer. This is an order," he became stern.
     "Please, Eren, what are you trying to accomplish?" She asked.
     "I am buying the couriers time. If our forces are wiped out, then half of Wall Rose's population could be slaughtered."
    "Bu-"
    "THAT IS AN ORDER," He roared loudly. She galloped away without hesitation.
      "Now then..." He drew his blades out. "Time to get started," get grappled to the HQ building, where multiple Titans had destroyed it.
-----
      "Should have talked while you had the chance, seemed like a clever idea I'd say," the furry Titan said, letting the blonde soldier be torn apart. He held the core of the soldier's ODM gear in his hands.
    The Titan headed South.
----
     "SHIT, SHIT, SHIT," Eren rambled as he landed next to the body of Miche. He was in half, his legs gone.
     "Jaeger..." he coughed out, blood landing on Eren's face and shirt.
     "Don't talk, we're gonna get you out of here," Eren shushed him. He attempted to pick Miche up. Who moaned in pain.
     "I'm not gonna make it Jaeger, my insides are all mashed up... not to mention my fucking legs," more blood coughed out.
     "Yes you are," he argued. He fired off a smoke signal.
     "I treated you like shit, Eren. And I'm sorry. You're a hard bastard. And deserved better... Do you forgive me?" He asked. A tear or two in his eyes.
     "Not now, Miche, I'm getting you a field medic!" Eren fired off a purple signal, an immediate distress call.
     "The Scouts... live on," he gripped Eren's hand with a crushing force, so much that blood poured out from the sides of his mouth.
     And with that, his eyes went lifeless. And his hand went limp. Eren didn't know what to say.
     "I forgive you..."
-----
      Sasha rode up to the immediate distress call. She didn't know why. There wasn't a single Titan in the area. All she saw were steaming piles of what were titans.
     She arrived at the source, a soldier hunched over another. She had see ln this a dozen times. But it changed nothing. She wasn't desensitized at all.
     "I've arrived! Is anyone hurt?!" She knew the answer. No doubt at least one was dead.
     "No. Just resting," the soldier answered. She knew the voice. But could only see the back of his head.
     "Eren?!"
     "Rest well... soldier," Eren whispered before standing up.
     He turned to Sasha. His face contorted in rage. She had seen it many times before. All hell would break lose.
    "Give me your blades," he growled. Her eyes widened.
    "Eren. I know you're mad. But you can't take them all on. Not even as a Titan," she told him. Rubbing his arm in comfort.
    "Watch me," was his reply. "Ride to your village. Fast, make sure everyone is okay, I'll make sure to take a good chunk of Titans out of the game,"
    "Bu-"
    "That was an order," he whispered.
    "Yes sir," she saluted. He did the same.
     She rode off.