Chapter 8

Sasha opened her eyes to the Saturday sunlight, still tired from the night before. It had been fun, Eren was there, and it was a Saturday! Which was probably the only reason Eren had managed to sneak past Shadis and the other instructors. She smiled at the thought of Eren. They would have to start playing and gambling like the guys did.
      She rolled over, got out of bed, and began to wander. She saw a few girls awake. Like Mina and Annie. But those were the only two. She looked over to where Mikasa slept, and sadness seeped into her and her face drooped. Eren was next to her, and they were quit comfortable. The two were curled together under a blanket.
     She felt her eyes sting. Mikasa wanted Eren, Sasha needed him. She felt happy when he was around, when he gave her paste. And if Mikasa dated him she would surely starve. That was a fact.
      She knew that the Military Police, Garrison, and Survey Corps. would be observing trainees to see if they had potential. And if they did they were plucked from training and put on duty, or frontlines early. She also knew that Eren would be picked by the Survey Corps. And that scared her. They were only fifteen, and even if Eren was capable she didn't want him to go fight Titans when he wasn't finished training.
     The day went on normally, Jean accusing Eren of spying in the girls, which was a funny memory to hold onto.

      "You were spying on the girls Jeager!" Jean shouted as he pointed an accusing finger at him during breakfast. It shook in rage and fear. Sasha watched from next to Eren at the table. She grabbed onto his arm, trying to calm him down. Krista did the same to his other arm.
     " I was in a bunk all night!" Eren shouted back, his face far from calm.
     "I saw you go over there after we showered! Don't lie!" His finger was still pointing.
      "Yah? And so what? Mikasa needed help with something!" He replied.
      "You're a creep!" Jean screamed with a slightly high pitched voice. He looked around, hoping to see some nods of agreement. There were very few.
      "Says the one that sniffed Mikasa's bra," Eren retorted. He had a smirk on his face.
       "Why you!" Jean roared while starting a stride towards Eren.
          Jean went in for a punch but Eren was already standing from the table and had dodged the sloppy atgack and headbutted him in the nose. Jean fell to his knees and held his bloody nose. The boy who head butted him grabbed him by the hair and kneed him in the face.
       "Eren stop!" Krista pleaded. He continued his attacks, kicking, punching.
      "Please Eren!" Sasha begged. He froze. Mid swing his hand stopped. He turned wround and left the dining hall without a word. He wasn't seen for the rest of the day.
      Bertolt and Reiner helped Jean to the infirmary where the not very qualified doctor complained, snapped it in place and sent him off.

      Sasha wasn't going to lie, Eren was hot when he kicked ass. No lies. The way his muscles flex and how his hard breathing makes his chest puff out. She wanted to kiss him right there but she restrained knowing the other girls wouldn't be too happy.
      Damn, she thought. He's a badass.
           She Eren and Mikasa walk in, her arm looped hin his. He looked uncomfortable.
      "He's staying another night," was her only answer.
      Sasha sighed, it was agonizing. Seeing Eren but not being able to touch him? It hurt. The night was almost ide tical to the night before. They played cards and went to bed. Sasha knew it was going to be a nightmare night.
      She fell asleep, knowing she would be awake soon enough. In tears of fear and sadness. Her breathing was soft. Her matress still wasn't there. She knew it never would be.

      Sasha slept in her room at her old house in the woods. Her father and her had been there for generations. He was happy at one point, but since Wall Maria fell he had been stressed and even abusive at times. She loved him still but she wished he would be happy again.
      He burst throught the door of her room, holding his hunting knife. "Damn it Sasha! Why didn't you get dinner?!" He roared at her, his voice thundered in the small house.
      "I'm sorry, there were no squirrels out there, please don't hurt me!" She pleaded, her hands covering herbody as best as they could. She shivered as he walked up to her slowly.
      Suddenly he grabbed her bh the hair and dragged her out of her bed. The face was one of hate, contempt, and sadness. "I'm sorry Sasha," was all he said before he started to beat her senseless. He kicked and pu ched. She rolled over and held her abdomen in pain, tears streaming down her face.
      Suddenly the attacks stopped, she layed there for a moment, knowing he was still there. The only noise heard was her sniffling and shivering on the cold wood floor. She shakily rolled over, and whe  she opened her eyes, his boot was headed right for her face when-

     She woke up with a start, her brearhing was labored and she was surprisingly not sweaty. She shivered and curled into the fetal position. She started to slowly sob, the nightmare being too real. Or memory being too real. It scared her, she often flinched over the physical contact with others. The reason was her dad. Those beatings were multiple times a day.
     She felt a firm hand on her shoulder, she rolled over to see Eren's sleepy concerened fsce staring at her. She quickly threw herself at him.
      Her arms thrown around his neck as she was on the top bunk. She had been adjusted to where she was on her knees. He told her comforting words and rubbed her back. Slowly he helped her down the bunk and pulled her close. She layed her head against his chest and shuffled to his bunk. Mikasa was on the inside of the bottome bunk and he got in next to the raven haired girl. He signaled for her to join.
     She did it quickly and curled up. His chest slowly rose and fell to his breaths and she layed her head against it. "It's okay," he told her, and she was quickly asleep for the night. In the arms of the guy she loved,