Chapter 24

"This is only the beginning," Eren Jeager visibly paled, only a shade away from the white button up shirt he wore, which was covered in blood.
     Levi stood up. At first Eren thought he was gonna get a few kicks to the face, but the captain turned back around. The short man walked over to the stand where the judge sat. He had a bottle of wine on the corner of the stand. Levi grabbed it and walked back toward Eren before he could protest.
     He reached Eren. He just stared at him, holding the neck of the bottle in his hand. His cold eyes never blinking, never moving. He was like a statue. A human statue. He took the switchblade and tore the cork out. He then started to chug the wine that the judge hadn't already drank. When the bottle was empty, he wiped his face with his sleeve. The empty bottle in the other hand.
     "This'll be more fun with a buzz," Levi laughed out. That was the first time Eren had ever heard the Captain laugh in his two years of knowing him.
     "Wha-"
     Eren was interrupted when Levi suddenly brpught the bottle over his head and sent it downward on to Eren's. It shattered into a million pieces. A few were big, but most were small. Eren screamed out in pain, a normal man would be unconscious. Levi then ducked down to be level with him. Eren saw Petra over Levi's shoulder. She was sobbing histerically. But it was inaudible over the cheers of approval that roared through the court room.
     "As I said," Levi grabbed a fistfull of Eren's hair. "This is only the beginning," The midget grabbed one of the larger pieces of the shattered bottle off of the floor below them. Eren saw his own reflection in the shattered glass. His arms were skinned.
     He suddenly jabbed the glass into Eren's eye. And, like anyone normal person would do, he screamed in pain. Levi was sure to dig it around and push it further in. Eren's screams were far above the approving roars of the people around them. Blood poured down his face, and down his neck.
     "Not so tough now huh?" Levi asked, standing up. He kicked Eren in the face, making sure the top of his foot sent the glass further into his socket.
     He let Eren settle down for a moment, but he didn't stop screaming. The Captain looked around. Every person from the 104th that was there, was crying, boys and girls alike. That Mikasa girl was being held back by the MPs, the short blonde was sobbing, the tallish brown haired girl was begging him, but he couldn't hear her. And Petra was sobbing covering her eyes. He looked back at the boy in front of him.
     Eren could only see through one eye. He had managed to stop screaming, but the thumping pain in his eye was still there, he was barely holding it in. The worthless Captain knelt in front of him again, another shard of glass in his hand. He felt another chill go down his back.
     "Open up," Levi said in a sing-song voice.
     "Fuck you," Eren growled.
      The room suddenly went silent, and the conversation was completely audible.
      "You can end this, you can just plead guilty for treason and die, it'll be over," Levi informed him.
       "I have a shot, and I'll take that shot," Eren replied, smiling, even with the glass sticking out of face. Everyone was listening, the occasional sob came from Petra.
        "Why are you so persistent?" Levi asked him.
       "First it was the need for vengeance against the bastards that killed my family, but now it's to protect the person I love," He panted out, he was getting lightheaded from blood loss.
      "Who's the person you love?" Levi asked him.
       "Wouldn't you like to kmow?" Eren replied. Spitting on Levi.
     "You just made a mistake," he said camly, wiping the saliva off his face with the sleeve of his battle jacket.
     He pried Eren's mouth open, shoving the piece of glass in.
     "Chew," Levi ordered. He didn't obey.
     "I said chew," Levi stood up and kicked Eren's chin upward, making him chew the glass. Blood was pouring out of his mouth.
      "That's right, now stay away from Petra," Levi whispered. The Titan shifter blacked out from the pain.

      ----------------
      "Go to hell you piece of shit!" Petra screeched, slapping her Captain repeatedly across the face.
      "Come on Petra," he said silkily, leaning up to her.
      "I said go to hell! You hurt Eren!" Her screeches rang through the whole HQ of the Survey Corps.
      "He needed it!" Replied Levi, getting angry.
      "Why?!" She screamed back, another slap landed across his face.
      "Uh-uh-uh,"he stuttered out.
      "See?! You don't even know why! You just thought it was fun!" Another slap. He was losing his patience.
      "That's not why!" He yelled. She was still slapping him.
      His patience broke, he grabbed her hand mid slap. He gripped her tight. She looked at him, trying to pry her hand away.
      "Levi stop, you're hurting me," she grunted, trying to pull her hand away. But he was stronger.
      "That's my intention," he replied. She gasped.
      He slapped her in the face, hard. The red palm was already there, but he wasn't done. He landed a punch, and then another. Then he threw her into the wall, she left a crack. He heard her whimpering on the floor. This brought a smile to his face, she was broken, quickly. She started to get up, but he kicked her down. He kicked her in the ribs, the head, the gut, anywhere exposed.
      He then walked off, leaving her crumpled form there, an evil smirk plastered on his face. Eren wouldn't get her. He would kill her and him before that happened. In facf, he would kill anyone Eren loved, he promised himself that. That meant there were at least four people to kill. Lenz, Braus, Ackerman, Rez. But he would do subtly. No one would know.

     ----------------

     Petra layed in the dungeon that Eren did, the reason was because Hanji felt sorry for both of them, and she was sure that Eren could use the company. Erwin managed to convince the judge to give Eren over to them. They were both injured, both by the same person. Levi was suspended for a month, but expulsion was not an option, he was too strong, too skilled at everything he did.
     So pretty much the insane midget was immortal, Erwin was ths one that suspended him, but it just gave the Captain a vacation, that was all ot really was. He got to stay in Stohess, in a nice cozy Tavern. Most of the soldiers hated him, at least the ones that didn't already hate him.
      But Petra layed next to Eren in her seperate bed, her stomach was bandage, and her arm in a sling. She had her eyes closed. Eren did the same, except his entire body was bandaged, leaving only half of his face not wrapped in gauze. She turned her head to look at him, his arms were bandaged.
      It was terrible watching that happen. The torture he went through. His eye was closed, and his chest rose and fell softly. He lokked serene, but she knew he wasn't. Who was it he loved? Did he mean it the way she hoped? Was it her? Was it Krista? Was it Sasha? Mikasa? That Mina girl he had mentioned once or twice? Wasn't she in the MP? But who? It was probably Mikasa, the girl that had been with him through it all.
      But she closed her eyes, and fell asleep.