Chapter 35

Eren's dazed and bludgeoned face was shone to the croud as his hand was held up by Alan. The boy was closed to collapsing. The two were standing over a man that stood at least at 6'5". Eren was obviously the victor, considering thqt the man that lay below them was in far worse shape.
     "Eren Jaeger!" Alan roared.
     Eren let out a goofy smile. Alan let go of his hand. The teen stumbled away. Steam started to rise from the majority of his body. People continued cheering and drinking as he walked out of the rather large arena. He went up the steps, yanked a bottle of scotch from a younger fellow, and downed it, puking it everywhere a few minutes later. He began his stumbling away.
     "Jaeger!" Marlo roared. Eren knew it was him from the condescending voice. "You're in the guys' dorm you dumb ass!"
     "What's my reward?"Eren slurred out.
     "Ask Alan tomorrow, I'll take you to the dorms," Marlo sighed as he led Eren.
-----
      Eren woke up to the sound of metal on metal. His eyes burst open, despite their heavy feeling. His head ached and his mouth tasted sour. It was like he had a less lethal hangover. Thankfully the curtains were closed and he hadn't been jarred by the sun. But it was coming.
     The next thing he knew, the metal on metal was next to his ear. He strung out a few words that shouldn't be said and sat up. He hit his head on the bunk above him. He held his head and rolled to the side, hoping to fall back on the pillow; but instead he rolled off of the bed and landed on his head again.
     "Mother-" he held his head as he got up slowly. Just then the curtains were drawn. He was blinded.
     "Get up, freak!" Alan laughed.
     "What the hell you asshole!" Eren's eyes dilated slightly.
     "That's payback for the gut punch," Alan proclaimed.
     "You want another one?" Eren held his fist up threateningly.
     "Not really," Alan held his hands up to protect himself.
     "Good," Eren lowered his fist.
     "So your work for the day is Cannon adjustment," Alan told him.
     "Why aren't your cannons adjusted already?!" Eren asked, annoyed.
     "Why are you such an asshole?" Alan retorted.
     "Born that way," Eren admitted that he was an asshole, he knew he was.
     -----
     Eren stood upon Wall Sina, the wind blew through his hair. He held a massive wrench that was larger than his forearm in his hand. He was unscrewing bolts and adjusting the cannons. It was a bitch. He thankfully only had to do the ones around the Utopia District.
     Hitch was there, and another guy named Jacob. Of course the two were letting Eren do the work, who wouldn't? He was on the sixth cannon so far. Hitch and Jacob were talking in hushed voices a few meters away. He honestly didn't care what it was about. All he wanted to do was drink.
     Thankfully he only had three more cannons. And the best part was that it was only noon, so he could go get a drink at a pub. That was if Alan didn't give him another detail. He really hoped that Alan didn't do that.
     "Eren, when you're done with this, meet us at the pub," Jacob ordered.
     "Which one?" Eren asked.
     "The one east on Little," he gave the directions.
     "Sounds good," he waved them off. MPs were being nice? They caeted a line, and he would bite.
     -----
     Eren was on the last cannon. It was way off course. The end of the barrel was resting on the concret of the wall. The bolts were rusted all to hell as well. He didn't know how he'd do this one. There was one thing that he noticed. This cannon was a different model. There was a spring that was supposed to be able to manoeuver the cannon around with ease. The tension worked like vice grips.
     So he took the giant wrench and started to yank on the bolt. The bolt was connected to a steel pole that was connected to the spring, when you loosened it, it lost tension, causing it to lower, if you tightened it, it rose. He started to tighten it. The unexplainable happened.
     The bolt was loser than he anticipated, causing him tighten it more than he meant to. (Damn his Titan strength) The cannon barrel flew up with such momentum that it snapped the steel and rusted string in the middle. The cannon fell to its original state. He subtly sat the wrench down, and backed away.