Chapter 12

Eren's hand hovered over the door he was shaking with stress and fear. Who was on the other side? He wondered. His mind was flooded with thoughts that didn't even matter. Mainly training. He stood there for a while, then let his hand drop to his side. He let his thoughts take over for a while.
     Jean saved his ass, the reason he did not know. All he kmew was that the two weren't arguing at that moment. He had new respect for him. He was still a creep, but he was a brave one. Eren kinda owed, but he knew that he could have taken the last ones. But not without a few bruises.
      He thought of how life would be here with the Survey Corps. A fifteen year old boy with a bunch of thirty year old men and women. It made him even more nervous. He thought about heading back to the trainee camp, but refused.
      You are Eren Jeager! He roared in his head, his hand went back up. But he paused again, letting his mind free.

      He woke to the sounds of creaking and sobs, both were very unpleasent. He knew where he was, he was laying next to Mikasa in her bunk, she slept soundly next to him. Her arms wrapping around one of his. He sighed and got up and started folowing the noises made by one of the girls.
      Within a few seconds he had found the source. Sasha, he realized. He stood there for a second. He was still half asleep. He extended his arm and tapped her shoulder, she jumped when he touched her. Sasha rolled around to look at him, he saw her puffy red eyes and her wild hair. She was having a bad night.
      He signaled her to follow him, and she did so staying rather close to him. He led her to Mikasa's bunk where there wasn't much room, but they could squeeze. He got in and had her do the same. She snugtled as close as humanly possible to him under the covers. Potato Girl was out like a light, he realized. Eren let the drowsiness of sleep take over, and passed out.

      Why was that memory coming up of all the other ones he had? Eren Jeager had no answer to his own question. His hand stood in place, and moved forward and backward into the oakwood three times. He finally had the nerve. After a few minutes. He was about to do it again, when the door came open. A short redhead girl was on the other side.
      "Who are you?" She asked, kinda rudely. She was decked out in her Survey Corps. Uniform, belts and clasps. The only thing missing was the ODM gear.
      "I'm Eren Jeager," he stuttered, his nerve and courage were all gone. "Erwin chose me out of the one-hundred-fourth Cadrt Corps." He explained. She looked him over.
      "You don't look like much," she said monotonously. "Come in," she sighed and walked in, signaling him to follow. He did so.
      The inside of the building wa bland, a table sat in the middle of the room, obviously meant for one person. The paint on the walls were peeling, and the floorboards were rotted. But the place looked surprisingly clean."Go up those stairs and there will be a door that says Captain on it, pray he isn't cleaning." She told him before walking off, leaving him all alone in the big building.
      He walked up the stairs and found the door that said Captain on it. He had the same feeling as before, but knocked before he could think. He stood there for a moment, hearing shuffling, clinking of glass, and muttering. The doorknob turned and the door flew open. Eren took a step back.
      "What?" A voice asked, hate evident in his voice.
      "Erwin sent me from the one-hundred-fouth Cadet Corps." Eren told him.
      "That son of a bitch," sighed the man, face palming.
      The man was short, only up to Eren's chin, and had jet black hair as black as Mikasa's. But he also looked intimidating with his posture. He stood proud and looked like he'd fight anybody. And he probably would. He had a uniform just like the one redhead girl downstairs.
      "Alright, training starts tomorrow, we'll see what you're made of," the man told him, getting ready to walk inside his office.
       "Where do I sleep?" Eren asked he was getting tired.
       "There's a stable out front," the man told him. At first Eren thought he was joking, it was the middle of winter. A cold winter. A very cold winter. But then he saw the look on his face.
     "Sir," Eren saluted and walked downstairs.
      He saw the same redhead girl. She gave him a sneer. "Staying in the stables?" She asked him. Her sneer changed to a smug look.
      "Yeah why?" He asked her, he was really starting to not like her. She approached him. Sta ding quite a few inches below him.
      "Because every person that joins Levi squad does," she told him. "Even me, it means he likes you." She smiled. He might have been a little too quick to judge.
      "What's the Levi squad?" He asked her.
       "We're the best of the best, and we're training you to join us." The redhead explained. "There's me, Gunther, Oluo, and Eld, as well as Captain Levi," she held up her fingers in front of herself.
       "I'm gonna be one of you?!" He yelped excitedly.
       "If you can handle the training," she said, the smug look coming back. "Have a goodnight using horseshit as a pillow," she walked up the stairs, disappearing.
       Huh, he thought, the went to the stable for the night,