Chapter 20

The plan was put into place, the elites and garrison troops would get on either side of the hole and ward off Titans. Krista was helping with the pallets while Eren was on the outside of the hole. They needed to keep as many Titans away as possible to make this work.
     After a while the mission was a success, with many casualties. Eren was one of the injured ones. He had taken a bjte from a Tita  in the abdomen when he had swung at an awkward angle toward the nape. It only scraped him, but that was still fatal. His entire stomach had been cut open.
     It was around the end of the mission. A Garrison soldier risked his life to help him back to the top of the wall. Eren had nearly bled out. If it weren't for Miche he would be dead. Miche did what he could to stop the bleeding by applying pressure to what areas he could without intense pain for Eren.
     So now Eren was bedridden. And the Barrier was only temporary. If a large Titan walked into it, it would be over. The bolts they used weren't very large, the last three threads had barely made it inside the concrete of the wall itself. They cleared out Trost of the beasts.
     So Eren was sent to Wall Sina with a few garrison regiment troops. It took three other elites to hold Petra back. She had went ballistic when she saw him. It was a horrible experience for everyone there.

     "Let me see him!" A voice shreeked through the destroyed ciy of Trost.
     That voice belomged to Petra Ral, an elite member of the Survey Corps. Her clothes were soaked with unevaporated blood, which meant it was human blood. He shrieks continued to echo throughout Trost, sobs as well. And they weren't only from her. Sasha, Krista, and Mikasa, were screaming and sobbing as well.
     The carriage rode north, Petra Ral still being restrained. She had been restrained for a while, a few soldiers took some of their belts from their ODM gear off and strapped her to a cannon. She chewed at the leather straps, leaving teeth marks where she clamped.
     "I need to be there!" She continued to sob, her histerical voice making everyone cringe.
     A short man with jet black hair walked toward her, a large stride in his walk. He reached the histerical girl and squatted down in front of her. Petra's sobs slightly subsided. Suddenly his hand swept across her face with a smack, she continued her sobs.
     Krista, Mikasa, and Sasha, had been told he would be okay, and had calmed down. But Petra was going nuts, screaming profanities that would make a Sina prostitute blush,her head went back and forth as she screamed to God to let him live.
     "He'll be fine," Levi said shortly, before walking off. She slowly stopped crying.
     "Was he lying?" She asked everyone in the area.
     "No," answered a Garrison member, she sighed in relief.
     "Good, 'cause he didn't look too good," she was still stuttering out her words. "I need him to live," were the last words she spoke before going histerical again.
     "Yah," agreed Jean.

     1 week later

     Eren sat in bed, his entire torso bandaged, his main pain had subsided, now he just had to let the healing process take its place. He would be out of commission for a month. So he sat in the Survey Corps. HQ. Every single one of the top ten, except Annie, had joined the Survey Corps. Many people took care of him. Petra, Krista, Mikasa, and Sasha.
     The fresh members were on standby since paperwork needed to be filed, and also new gear had to be ordered for them, it would take a few days, or maybe weeks. So all that they did was sit around and wait for training to pick up and see what the Survey Corps. Was like.
     "Are you okay Eren?" Asked a new voice, he looked up to the door. The injured soldier saw Sasha Braus' head sticking through the crack.
     "I'm fine," Eren replied with a sigh. The cute, tall-ish girl walked in, wringing her hands as she did so.
     She wore a nightgown, he had forgotten how late it was. It had been hours since Krista had brought him up dinner. And Petra must have went to bed, because her fifteen minute check ups had ended a while back.
     "I could keep you company if you want," Sasha offered hesitantly. He hair down. She looked beautiful.
     "Sure," Eren perked up, he had been rather lonely, doing nothing but stare at the ceiling all day did that.
     The brunette sat in the chair next to his bed, she looked jumpy, and shaky. Her eyes had bags under them and she still looked unhealthy. Eren didn't understand why, she couldn't have been a hunter with this lack of strength. If she had trouble with picking up tree branches then she couldn't have pulled a bow back.
     "How long ago were your bandages changed?" Sasha asked.
     "Yesterday," he muttered, she was going to change them now.
     "I'll change them," she offered. She didn't wait for an answer as she got up, walked over to a cabinet, and pulled out gauze and a bottle of alchohol from it.
     The ex-hunter cut his old bandages off, and looked at the wound. It was gruesome. The Titan's teeth marks were evdient. The truth was that Eren should have died, if not by the bite itself, then by bloodloss. The holes were deep, and large, they scraped down his side, and his back had small indentions as well. She was surprised his spine was still intact.
     She changed the after putting alcohol on the bite marks, then sat back down in her chair, leaving the supplies at the foot of the bed. They sat there in silence, the moonlight pouring into the room from the empty window, candles surrounding them with their warmth that protected them from the freezing winter.
     They spent the whole night together, talking about everything and nothing. She then curled up next to him. Enjoying him, as well as one of the only mattresses she had slept on in years. It was a good night.