Chapter 37

Levi held her in place. His breathing had slowed. It still reeked of wine. His hair was ruffled as well.
      "We both know the MPs are gonna kill him," hre whispered to her.
     ''He's survived far worse," she glared at him, trying to hide her fear.
     "Keep telling yourself. He's going to be an example," Levi let her go and walked to his chair. She attempted to leave.
      "Join me," he commanded. She obliged.
     "They're going to end him. Brutally. The MPs hate us, and the feeling is mutual. He won't be back. I promise," he told her.
      "These are nothing but lies. He wouldn't leave us," she argued back.
      "It's not his choice whether he leaves you or not," he retorted.
      "We make choices in this life, and he has one. Whether to back down or stand up and fight. And we both know the choice he always has taken, and always will take," she replied.
      "But standing up leads to his demise, sitting down leads to his demise. So join me Petra, love me now so that when he does die it won't hurt you," Levi offered.
      "Levi, you're an important person in my life, you're a person I look up to. And I want to keep it that way, but you trying to seduce me makes my respect dramatically drop for you." She pleaded with him.
     "I don't care Petra! This is something to protect you! I want you to be safe!" He was yelling again.
     "I made my Choice, you need to make yours Levi! There is so much more to life than your selfish lust!" She screamed back.
     "He will die! We all will! Those bastards will be the end of us! In truth! The Titans are the least of our worries. We need to worry about the MPs now. They are gearing for war as we speak!" His voice was shaking, and barely below a whisper.
     "W-What?!" Petra asked, surprised.
      "That's why they wanted Eren, they kept him to see how he acts," Levi explained. "But, we let them keep him so that he can find that bitch Titan that killed our squad," Levi sighed.
      "How will being safe inside Wall Sina help us find that thing?" Petra asked. She still had nightmares of that thing.
     "It was intelligent, it had a target! And not only that, but every single time that demon showed up the MP, Annie Leonhardt was missing from her shifts!" It's the only thing we've got right now." He sighed out.
      "I-I see..." she breathed out. She silently left the room. Or attempted to.
     "I know you want me still," he was behind her in a flash, and grabbed her by the forearm, keeping her from leaving.
     "Let me go!'' She grunted while trying to break free of his grip yet again.
      He surprisingly obliged. She glared at him one last time and then hurried out.
-----
     Hitch had her friend, Jacob slung over her shoulder. He was slinging profanities about that "freak" as he was called.
     Eren.
     She was tired of him being hated and slandered. Sure, he was obviously a hot head. But he meant well. He was in the Survey Corps. Which earned her respect.
     But to most MPs (Like the one next to her) the Survey Corps. Was worthless, and filled with nothing but criminals.
     She thought so too... but then Eren showed her how to assemble ODM gear in a few minutes. That was when her thoughts changed.
      The way his muscles flexed while he was adjusting the cannons. And when he fought John in the arena. He was a master at hand to hand combat.
     She liked him... a lot.
     In fac, when she walked through the HQ's gates, she saw him doing another detail. And it didn't look fun.
      She saw him cleaning the windows, harnessed with ODM gear and a bucket with and rag.
      His face wasn't pleasent. She sent the drunk Jacob on his own way. (It was only three o'clock).
      Hitch then jogged over to him and called his name loudly so he would hear.
      "Hey, Eren!" Her voice echoed.
      He looked grumpy when he tilted his head down to look. She giggled.
     "Alan found me!" Eren shouted back.
     "I can tell!" She laughed out. "And it doesn't look fun! I'll grab my gear and help out!" She offered.
     The blonde ran off to get her equipment and help him.

Two hours later

      Hitch and Annie were both helping Eren now. And the sun had started to set. The colf was setting in as well.
     Eren shivered as the wet rag's cold water continued to freeze his hand. Annie and Hitch were doing no better.
     The three finished the last window. Then, they took their gear to the armory and went to the mess hall.
      It was actually similar to the one at the Survey Coros. It had splintered wooden tables and benches as well.
      The amount of men and women were about the same in the Survey Corps. But the MPs mainly had men. There were still a lot of women. But the amount of males was slightly noticable.
      Eren took a seat at a table that was mainly empty. A few guys on the other end. Hitch and Annie sat on either side of him with their food as well.
    They were eating their food peacefully. Annie intertwined her hand with his under the table. He started to sweat.
     She smiled sweetly at him. Suddenly, he felt someone's hand intertwine with his other hand.
     He turned and saw Hitch smiling with a sweet smile as well.
      He sat there, both of his hands taken away. The two ate their empty hands while he sat there trying not to hyperventilate.
     "Aren't yah gonna eat Eren?" They asked in unison. Neother knew that the other had his hand.
      "Nah, I'm not very hungry," he replied, hoping they didn't know what was going on.
      The two finished their meals shortly afterward. Annie spoke up to him.
      "Hey, Eren... can we speak privately?" She asked sweetly, batting her eyes.
     "S-Sure," Eren stuttered.
      He left both of their hands to get up and followed Annie.