Chapter 25

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25
"ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴏʀ ꜰʟɪɢʜᴛ"

Jimin acted quickly. The menacing gaze in the two black eyes turned to shock as he blocked the first punch the demon threw at him. His fingers wrapped around the creature's wrist, burying his fist in the monster's stomach. With the power that was left in his arms, he pushed, making the creature stumble back into the living room. With his diminishing balance, the demon grabbed onto the nearest person for balance, dragging an innocent partygoer down with him. 

People scurried away, none of them too sure of the fight that was about to take place. They just felt someone push them. The culprit was still faceless. That quickly changed when the girl laying on the ground tried to push the demon off, drunkenly swearing at him as she did so. The man didn't spare her even one glance. She was just another piece of vermin to him that wasn't worth his time when there was an angel right in front of him.

With confused murmurs and filled with panic, more and more people stepped away from the scene unravelling in front of them, pushing the others back as well. Jimin appeared in the crowd, letting his focus wander to the demon in front of him rather than staying invisible. He would need all of his strength for this one.

He knew from looking into the creature's eyes that Hell had sent some of its best warriors. This wasn't going to end peacefully. This was going to end in broken bones, torn muscles and with blood staining the floor. He knew the demon wouldn't give up fighting until he laid dead on the ground and got dragged back to Hell itself. Luckily he was there to do just that.

The tension in the room rose. The dark eyes were on him, almost predatorial. That's all that demons were, just monsters preying on the innocent. But he wasn't a prey. He was just as much a monster as the creature in front of him, they both knew that. He also was just as much a monster as the creature trying to sneak up on him from the side. 

Jimin turned his head, meeting her gaze. A woman with dyed blond hair and pitch-black eyes stood there. Her eyes were as black as ink, her soul even darker. Her hands were clasped in fists, and Jimin swore he could see her claws growing. Demons like her were rare. They were only made for one purpose: to kill. They weren't there to ensure sin would take hold, they were there to tear up their enemy, clawing at all over their blood vessels until they were broken beyond compare. She cracked her neck, grinning maniacally, showing her sharpened teeth.

One second was all the time it took for her to dash forward and claw at Jimin's neck. He ducked under her attack, hitting her with his elbow when he looked up again. As she held her head in pain, her nose now definitely broken, the other demon ran forward. He pulled at his arm with all the strength he had, distracting him enough for the woman to kick the back of his knee.

Jimin grunted and fell to one knee. The demon kicked his back, sending him to the floor completely. A crack sounded through the room as the woman kicked him once more, digging her heel into his spine. Jimin let out a groan, trying to get back up. The man just kicked him in his face. With a busted lip and a gash just under his eye, Jimin fell back down. The angel's face was constantly contorting in pain. Every move he made was painful. Pain shot through his spine with every twist, his vision was already blurring. 

He hardly registered that the man grabbed him by his shirt, pulling him up completely. With one quick movement, Jimin got flung across the room, hitting the wall behind him with a grunt. His spine snapped again as he felt the bricks dent behind him. He took a second to regain the ability to breathe, his lungs aching with an unknown pain.

People started screaming as the argument got more and more heated. It was now obvious that the anger of the people they were watching was fueled by more than just alcohol. No one could throw someone around as if they were a mere insect, no matter how strong. They started running, pushing and pulling as they attempted to get out of the apartment. The crowd grew more hectic by the second as well as smaller.