Chapter 15

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15
"ᴏɴᴇ'ꜱ ꜰᴀᴅɪɴɢ"  

It was as if his heart stopped at that moment. The black-eyed monster stared back at him with wrath in his gaze. Pure hellfire was burning in his eyes and Jungkook was slowly losing himself in the madness they held. The air around them was getting more and more defiled by the second, smoke and fear filling up his lungs. He didn't know what to do. The demon had already noticed him. He couldn't simply look away and act as normally as possible. There was nothing else he could do.

Normally he would walk out, flee, but this time he couldn't. The demon would follow him home regardless, he had set his eyes on him already like a lion on its prey. He felt like a beaten down gazelle looking right at the lion's teeth a second before being devoured. He couldn't stand up against a demon. The creature could kill him with a single snap of his fingers if he wished. No, the only thing that could help him now was an angel's protection. 

Jungkook felt his heart beat out of control. He was trembling in absolute fear and his mind was clouded with terror. His panic attack during the presentation was nothing compared to this. Back then he couldn't breathe nor think, his mind clouded and chaotic. Now, however, he felt like he could die at that exact moment. His heart was about to explode as was his mind. He wasn't sure whether his own body would kill him before the demon could, but he knew that the time he was holding his breath wasn't healthy as he was already starting to feel lightheaded.

He closed his eyes, desperately praying to any God out there that Jimin would pick up what he was feeling. He shouted out for the angel in his mind. There was no way he could mistake his outcries, but Jungkook wasn't sure they were reaching the angel to begin with. 

"Jungkook?" Taehyung carefully spoke. His voice sounded distant, almost as if he was shouting to him in a crowded room. His voice sounded morphed. "Are you alright?" the man added with that much more concern evident in his voice.

The elder rubbed comforting circles on Jungkook's hand. Only then did he realise how badly he was shaking. His breathing was getting faster and uneven, air leaving his lungs before it could even be processed. At least he wasn't completely frozen anymore, actually breathing again. His thoughts were still running a thousand miles an hour, desperately repeating that he didn't want anyone to get hurt, that he didn't want to die by the wrath of a hellbeast.

After all, he had seen what they could do many times before. He wasn't sure what they would do now that there was no angel to protect him. They could sense Jimin as well as his absence. It was now only him and the demon, and all he could do was flee. Those creatures didn't care if people would get hurt while trying to chase him down, it would only be better to damn more humans to Hell.

"Did I say something wrong?" Taehyung asked with a slightly hurt voice. Jungkook managed too shake his head in between shivers running up his spine.

"Are you having a panic attack?" Taehyung asked, trying his best to meet Jungkook's gaze. The younger just looked past him at the monster who was still grimacing at him. He was probably thinking of the best way to get to them, to hurt them, to kill them. It scared the human down to the very bone.

With all power Jungkook had, he tore his gaze away from the demon and looked his date in the eye. He could feel tears welling up, they were already close to falling down. All his words got blocked in his throat. He wanted to scream and yell and run away but he couldn't. He just sat there nailed to the ground muttering incoherent tones in a desperate attempt to communicate his darkest fears.

Every second he was hoping for Jimin to show up. It couldn't be long now. Any moment Jimin would come out and save him. He promised after all. No matter what he was doing in Heaven, Jungkook was still his responsibility. He needed to protect him. It was his duty.