Chapter 26

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26
"ᴏʜ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ"

With a crash, the two landed on the marble floor. Jimin didn't even have time to reach for something to stable himself before his legs gave out. He fell on his side, the stone feeling cold against his skin. His hand made contact with a bench, the strength in his arms lessening to the point where he could hardly pull himself up. He steadied his feet on the ground and pushed himself into a sitting position. With pain raking through his body, he let his back hit the pew, resting his head on the steady wood.

As soon as he took a moment to breathe, he became extremely aware of just how much he was hurting. The pain in his abdomen was worse than before, sharper almost. With a grimace on his face, he took his hand off his stomach that he didn't even remember putting there. Red fluid was covering his fingers, but this time it wasn't that of the female demon, it was his own blood. 

He heard a gasp. Immediately he looked forward, facing the younger. His expression was pale, fearful, and his eyes were widened. He was completely frozen in fear, his entire curled up form shaking. It took the younger another second before he started moving, the reality of the situation beginning to dawn on him. 

"No, no, no," Jungkook mumbled, pulling off his jacket. Jimin just looked at him in confusion as he dashed forward and pressed the fabric right against the angel's wounds. The elder grunted in pain.

"Wait," he said, pushing away the younger's efforts. He placed his hand on the wound, feeling blood seep between his fingers. He concluded immediately that it was worse than he thought. 

As his fingers ran over a bump under his skin, almost in a cylindrical shape. He knew what it was, remembering the last few seconds before he pushed himself off the floor and spread his wings. He sunk his teeth into his bottom lip, grunting as he dug his fingers into the wound. He felt around in between the torn flesh and blood until he touched the metal. Biting his lip, he pulled out the bullet with a grunt. Blood gushed out from in between his fingers, making the angel let out a deep breath.

He looked at the sharp object in his hand, taking a second to regain his breath. The metal felt heavy, but that might be because his muscles kept getting weaker and weaker. He let his arm fall to the floor, too tired to keep it up any longer. He could feel his body aching just from breathing as it became slower. It was as if the world was spinning around him, gravity becoming tangible as he closed his eyes and started to fall sideways.

The human rushed forward and caught him, letting the angel lean against his chest. He sat down next to Jimin, pushing him up to sit straight, this time holding him up. With his free arm, he pushed his jacket back on the angel's wounds. 

"You need to keep some pressure on it, or else you're gonna bleed out," he spoke, his voice shaking. As Jimin looked over, raising his head ever so slightly, he could see that the other was crying. His eyes were glazed over and dark. Red was covering his cheeks from wiping away his tears with his blood-stained hands. His breathing was laboured and shaky, sniffles finding their way through every now and then, shaking his entire body. He almost looked as dishevelled as Jimin.

"Leave it," the angel managed to utter. Jungkook just looked at him with widened eyes, taking his gaze off the elder's injuries for a second. His gaze was one of complete confusion, quickly shifting to dismission.

"No, you're going to be alright," the human said, shaking his head. He just pushed on the jacket harder, feeling liquid slowly seeping through the fabric. Jimin was losing too much blood, too quickly. His hands started shaking harder at the realisation, his fingers curling up as did his body.

"Jungkook, look at me," Jimin ordered. He lifted his arm slowly, putting it on the younger's cheek so he could turn his head. The moonlight shone beautifully on his face through the church windows, colours being cast onto his skin and reflecting in his glazed eyes. The shadows projected on his shape made his features only more defined. His sharp face was in contrast with the soft, scared look in his eyes. Jimin concluded at that moment that if this was the last thing he'd see before he'd die, that'd be enough for him.