Chapter 11

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11
"ꜰᴇᴀʀ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱʜᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ"

Jimin let out a sigh. It was the third time he had read that cursed book and the words were still infuriating him. The endless pages were just blatant lies, a bad rip-off of his life and being. The writers just turned the wars he fought and the lives he saved into fiction. Just the idea that there were people out there who actually believed those words made him angry. They were just stories with strong morale that had nothing to do with God's actual words. 

Still, he had nothing better to do with his abundance of time as the city went to sleep. He put down the packet of papers and looked at the clock. It was only four o'clock, there were so many hours left to go before Jungkook would wake up and they would start their day. His life had always been busy and full of tasks and quests for him to fulfil. Now that he was just sat on the couch, reading the Bible to kill time, he didn't quite know what to do with himself. The discipline he trained himself with for centuries fell away a little too easily. 

Normally he would just go to sleep for a bit, but his mind was too preoccupied. He didn't want to bring Jungkook in danger by doing so, especially after meeting Taehyung today. The man was still on his mind and he wasn't sure what to make of it. Jimin didn't trust the blonde man. Something about him made him feel nervous, on edge. Even though his compliments sounded genuine there was a hidden danger, Jimin was sure of it. Taehyung wasn't a demon, Jungkook and he would've felt it immediately if he was. His true intentions were yet to be discovered, but Jimin knew that his instincts hadn't failed him once throughout his life.

The angel leaned back on the couch and crossed his arms over his chest. He furrowed his brow in thought. The way his heart tightened when he thought of the blonde made him anxious. It made him feel as if there was something more going on than just him doing his job. He knew he had started to care for the younger a lot more than he should. 

His thoughts involuntarily raced back to the day before. He saw how Jungkook was hyperventilating, tears brimming in his eyes, hands shaking. The sight was awful to watch. It made his own heart tremble alike, so much that he couldn't bear it. That's why he walked up there, helped him. He had realised at that moment that if anything were to happen to him he wouldn't just feel mad at himself or disappointed, he would feel broken.

Creatures like him weren't supposed to feel anything like this. That's why God created humans. Angels were nothing but warriors, empty shells doing the Lord's work almost like pawns in a game of chess. They were a mere attempt at creation. Sure they felt happiness, they felt sadness, they felt loyalty, they felt all possible emotions, but not like the humans ever could. There were still emotions too deep for the comprehension of an angel. Love was limited only to God, and even then it was more akin to loyalty, to devotion, not to fear of losing. That's why God tried again and made the humans, a creation he deemed more perfect.

That's also where all the trouble started. One of the angels didn't want to bow to humankind, thinking they were inferior, the opposite of God's word. He got send away to the underworld, to burn for his sins. Some called him Satan, some called him Lucifer, some called him the Devil, all three were deemed high titles before the humans came. He was powerful and vigorous, in the end, he was just too consumed by pride and envy to bow to his own father. One of his emotions got too strong, too evident. That made the young angel twice as scared of the thoughts roaming inside his own head at that very moment.

Every time he would look at the human, he would feel something inside him swell. Like he had finally found something he had been looking for all his life in Heaven but could never find. Seeing the younger smile made him smile, seeing the younger cry made him cry. It was something he had never experienced before, it was almost like a sweet ache inside his chest, and he liked it as well as feared it. He just hoped it wouldn't cloud his judgement like he coldly predicted it would.